hiring a driver for the day

tyson

Is the e-mail address correct for him? cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com Do you have to put his name on it?

Thanks for all your help.

kenf333 - we live close to the beach. You sound so knowledgeable and when I saw a fellow cruiser from Jax I got very excited! Which line do you cruise - maybe someday we'll be on the same cruise? I have become a cruise addict and my husband is right after me!!!!

Yepp thats the addy directly to him. I normally sail with RCI, but have done a few others. There is not alot about Cozumel I dont know, so that kinda helps. :)

Yepp thats the addy directly to him. I normally sail with RCI, but have done a few others. There is not alot about Cozumel I dont know, so that kinda helps. :)

Do you suggest that we leave the tour up to him or are there some things we should not miss? We have never toured Cozumel before. Thanks again! What beach club are you "The Mayor" of?!

We sail RCI also.

Do you suggest that we leave the tour up to him or are there some things we should not miss? We have never toured Cozumel before. Thanks again! What beach club are you "The Mayor" of?!

We sail RCI also.

I would tell him some brief info about what you are interested in, such as sights etc. I would highly suggest going to places like coconuts, the natural bridge, maybe the light house, and if your into ruins its fairly small and a quick trip through them. Then swing back up the west side and stop in and say HI to Paradise Beach Tom.. He does alot for this board aswell.:)

Thanks again. I e-mailed Paradise Beach Tom yesterday but haven't heard back from him. He may be on vacation!! I see where you and Tom seem to be the experts!!!!

Hey no problem.. Experts we are not!!!:D I dont think he is a vacation, wednesdays are normally have the most ships in port. If you have any other questions view my profile my email addy is in there.

Is the e-mail address correct for him? cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com Do you have to put his name on it?

Thanks for all your help.

kenf333 - we live close to the beach. You sound so knowledgeable and when I saw a fellow cruiser from Jax I got very excited! Which line do you cruise - maybe someday we'll be on the same cruise? I have become a cruise addict and my husband is right after me!!!!

I am going to step in here since I think I might have been one of the first CCers to spend a day with Gerry.

When you send an email it goes to a gentleman named Mike but he is in constant contact with Gerry. It sometimes takes him 2 - 3 days to reply but he will. When you send in an email tell them when and what ship you will be on and when you would like him to meet up with you. He will be there with a sign with your name on it ready to wisk you away. I brought along a map of Cozumel with me and knew a few places I wanted to see but along the way Gerry suggested other things we may like and explained many of the sights along the way. I cant wait to spend another day with him this coming Tuesday.

Darlene

I am going to step in here since I think I might have been one of the first CCers to spend a day with Gerry.

When you send an email it goes to a gentleman named Mike but he is in constant contact with Gerry. It sometimes takes him 2 - 3 days to reply but he will. When you send in an email tell them when and what ship you will be on and when you would like him to meet up with you. He will be there with a sign with your name on it ready to wisk you away. I brought along a map of Cozumel with me and knew a few places I wanted to see but along the way Gerry suggested other things we may like and explained many of the sights along the way. I cant wait to spend another day with him this coming Tuesday.

Darlene

Thanks for the heads up on that. I am getting a little worried that I haven't heard back from him. I will resend an e-mail with each and every one of our particulars.

Does he e-mail back or do you just guess that he'll be there?

Have fun Darlene and thanks again for the info. Everyone is so helpful and I do so appreciate it.

Carlann

I emailed Gerry and Mike got back to me in two days. Here are the prices:

Gerry has a stationwagon (Ford Focus) which is roomy, seats 4 adult passengers, and costs $80USD for the 1st 3 hours and $20USD per each additional hour. It comes equipped with ice cold A/C, CD player (bring your tunes!) and a cooler if you choose to buy beverages and ice during your tour.

He can also provide a van with the same amenities, which holds up to 8 passengers. A van tour will run $160USD for the first 3 hours and $25USD per each additional hour. Gerry regrets the increased charge, but since he does not have a van of his own, he must rent one. Charges are per vehicle, not per person. There is a 3 hour minimum charge for all tours.

kenf333,

Hi! I just e-mailed Tom as I haven't received a reply from Gerry as yet. I hope everything will work out!

I haven't been able to get to sleep too early lately so I just stay up and fool around until I get tired! You too were up late,. Is that the norm for you??!!

kenf333,

Hi! I just e-mailed Tom as I haven't received a reply from Gerry as yet. I hope everything will work out!

I haven't been able to get to sleep too early lately so I just stay up and fool around until I get tired! You too were up late,. Is that the norm for you??!!

Hmmm, no need to panic, one of the two will get you hooked up.

Its actually easier to get some of my work done later or should I say early...

I will take your word for that!! Thanks .

Hey now I cant control them two...What date will you get down there, I might beable to get you my private driver.

Leave your email addy, just put spaces or dashes so the bots dont slam ya with junk.

We will be there on the 18th which is next Thursday. My e-mail is my siggy minus the 3 @comcast.net. Thanks for all of your help. I do hope we can meet someday!!

I think you mean friday, yeah i would be nice to meet up with you guys too.... BTW you got mail.

Just wanted to give everyone an up-date. I guess my first e-mail went to e-mail heaven because Mike e-mailed me and was very apologetic but said he never got my first e-mail. We are all set with Gerry taking us around the island on next Fri.!!!! :D I will post when we get home.

I guess the reason the e-mails go to Mike is because although Gerry speaks excellent English he has a hard time writing it. Good for him because I can't even speak a second language!!

I also heard from Tom and he said he was going to call Gerry.

Thank God for all the good people in this world!! Have a great day all!!