hiring a driver for the day

tyson

http://www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.com. We went just last week. They hooked 6 of us up with a private AC van and driver...Pedro, who not only spoke excellent English but was very knowledgeable and insightful about Cozumel. You can pick and choose where you want to go on the tour, we chose a quick stop at a local market (they provide a cooler), the Tequila Hacienda, a swing around the Eastern side of the island, a glimpse of the Mayan Village and dropped us at Paradise Beach. It was a 4 hour tour and was super reasonable...check out the site for specifics, as it varies by how many people you have (obviously).

Paradise_Beach_Tom--I will talk with my family and see if using Gerado at $80 for 3 hours is what we want to do. Should I contact you via the e-mail address provided by kenf333?

Paradise_Beach_Tom--I will talk with my family and see if using Gerado at $80 for 3 hours is what we want to do. Should I contact you via the e-mail address provided by kenf333?

Yepp thats the addy to get intouch with him!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Yes! Call Roger ahead of time and he'll drive you anywhere you want to go for $20/hr. He was great and spoke English VERY well!!

So does Roger have an email address or what is the number to get in touch with him. is this ok to do what if he doesn't show up after we have made these arrangements? I don't want to be stuck at the pier would like to go to the east side. We want to go to Chen Rio, coconuts and Mescalitos if we have time. Don't want DH to have to drive this time so he can drink or we would just rent a car as we have done before but then he has to be responsible all day while I get tipsy...lol

So does Roger have an email address or what is the number to get in touch with him. is this ok to do what if he doesn't show up after we have made these arrangements? I don't want to be stuck at the pier would like to go to the east side. We want to go to Chen Rio, coconuts and Mescalitos if we have time. Don't want DH to have to drive this time so he can drink or we would just rent a car as we have done before but then he has to be responsible all day while I get tipsy...lol

I would suggest emailing Tom at the above addy... he will make sure the guy is there..

This was posted by dluvsd on another thread:

"We hired a driver in Cozumel last week. I found his name and number on this site and he was great!!! His name is Roger and his number is 9871054996 (of course you'll have to put the country code of 52 before the number followed by a 1 and then the above number! I highly recommend him!!!"

So has anyone used this guy Tom posted about? Is that price accurate. We were on Coz for a few days in 2005 and rented a car there a couple of the days but I cant remeber how much it was with the full insurance. Can anyone tell me the price for car rental with air including full insurance.

The road was closed on the east side and this was pre-Wilma. Can't remember what hurricane had rolled thru their prior that had destroyed the east road. So we only got a little past Mescalito's. We really want to go back there (Mescalito's), go to Chen Rio and of course Coconuts.

Also what is the best place to pre-book the car or would we need to pre-book for November 9, 07

This was posted by dluvsd on another thread:

"We hired a driver in Cozumel last week. I found his name and number on this site and he was great!!! His name is Roger and his number is 9871054996 (of course you'll have to put the country code of 52 before the number followed by a 1 and then the above number! I highly recommend him!!!"

Actually I think it should be dialed like this.. 011 52 1 987 105 4996...

So has anyone used this guy Tom posted about? Is that price accurate. We were on Coz for a few days in 2005 and rented a car there a couple of the days but I cant remeber how much it was with the full insurance. Can anyone tell me the price for car rental with air including full insurance.

The road was closed on the east side and this was pre-Wilma. Can't remember what hurricane had rolled thru their prior that had destroyed the east road. So we only got a little past Mescalito's. We really want to go back there (Mescalito's), go to Chen Rio and of course Coconuts.

Also what is the best place to pre-book the car or would we need to pre-book for November 9, 07

I'm sure some have rode with with he is a taxis driver, lol..:D He is a guy that Tom rounded up to help tyson out for his up comming trip. Here is some info on rental cars to give you an idea about the cost... You can email Sherri about the insurance info.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/CarRent

I'm sure some have rode with with he is a taxis driver, lol..:D He is a guy that Tom rounded up to help tyson out for his up comming trip. Here is some info on rental cars to give you an idea about the cost... You can email Sherri about the insurance info.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/CarRent

Thanks Ken!!

Avis off cozumelinsider quoted me 58.00 for a standard shift car with air and full insurance.

DH decided he would just as soon drive then to hire someone. We have driven coz before but it was Post Emily and Pre Wilma. We or he rather just has to stay sober, lol.

Thanks Ken!!

Avis off cozumelinsider quoted me 58.00 for a standard shift car with air and full insurance.

DH decided he would just as soon drive then to hire someone. We have driven coz before but it was Post Emily and Pre Wilma. We or he rather just has to stay sober, lol.

Hey no problem glad to help... You may want to look into getting a updated map as the road layout (around the islnd) or something has changed.. Bruce R or Adrain have posted the link to it but i cant seem to remember what it was.. Cancun map or something like that.. Enjoy your vacation...:D

Hey no problem glad to help... You may want to look into getting a updated map as the road layout (around the islnd) or something has changed.. Bruce R or Adrain have posted the link to it but i cant seem to remember what it was.. Cancun map or something like that.. Enjoy your vacation...:D

Really roads changed in Cozumel...lol other than adding some wouldnt have ever thought that could happen especially on the Trans road or east side road.....

Tom, Adrian,

Can anyone enlighten me to possible road changes since aug 2005 post emily- pre wilma

Really roads changed in Cozumel...lol other than adding some wouldnt have ever thought that could happen especially on the Trans road or east side road.....

Tom, Adrian,

Can anyone enlighten me to possible road changes since aug 2005 post emily- pre wilma

Yep, there were some changes, I do recall its now four lane or something on the transverse road... And there is something confusing going around the southern end.. Like they moved the main road inland more...Been a while since I have seen the post..

We booked with Toms driver for our August visit to Cozumel so I will be sure to post a review when I get home.

My DH wants a driver so he is free to sightsee and have a few drinks along the way. I would not want to drive in Coz so it would have been up to him to get us around.

Tom, Adrian,

The Transversal "straight shot across the island road" is now 4 lanes, 2 in each direction till you get to the other side. Then you'll be on the new 2 lane road that parallels the old 2 laner for a short while till you hit Coconuts. Then it's the old road all the way to (almost) the end where the entrance to Punta Sur is located. You pick up the new road again and it curves inland away from the old road but then parallels it again a short while later. No big changes that will get you lost, just a little tricky if you want to get to the Rasta bar or Punta Sur or Playa Palancar off the old road....

Tom, I am thinking about touring the island by either renting a car or driver. It will be dh, me, and our 2 kids (ages 5 and 12). What attractions and beaches would you recommend for us? Oh, and would coconuts be a good selection for lunch? TIA

Tom, I am thinking about touring the island by either renting a car or driver. It will be dh, me, and our 2 kids (ages 5 and 12). What attractions and beaches would you recommend for us? Oh, and would coconuts be a good selection for lunch? TIA

Coconuts is a great location for lunch. Great food, great view, and lots of animals for your kids to look at to stave off boredom! Ask to see the animal "in the back"! http://www.islacozumel.net/food/coconuts/

Skip the San Gervasio ruins and the Tequila distillery tour, I'll bet the 5 y.o. would be bored to tears. Stop at "El Mirador" on the other side of the island, a natural "bridge" rock formation. A good photo op with the waves smashing against it. Do a little beachcombing for shells on that side as well where it is legal to do so...the cabbie will know. Stop at Chen Rio, just south of Coconuts if the kids want to swim with a little wave action. DO NOT swim anywhere else on the East side as the ripcurrents can take you out to sea quite quickly. Chen Rio has a natural half-cove and you can safely swim there, but NOWHERE ELSE ON THE EAST SIDE!!:eek:

Beaches on the west side are best for swimming as there is usually clear blue water and no wave action. Lots of beach clubs to choose from, I'll let you guess which one I recommend;)!

For the age of your children you really need to look at Paradise beach or Playa mia... Plenty of things to do to keep them busy while you relax...