Tips- Simple Terms

NickyLouise

Okay, I am going on my first cruise on the 26th. I prepaid my tips, but I am still sooooo confused. Could somebody put it in layman terms for me? Who is not included in this prepaid tipping? When boarding, do I need to tip the baggage people? Im so confused and feel idiotic. Thank you !!!

Your room steward and waitstaff are included in the tips. Additional tipping is at your discretions, but there will be several people that you should tip: taxi or shuttle drivers, porters who take your bags before you board the ship, room service personnel, Camp Carnival personnel if you use them, spa personnel. There are others and I'm sure someone will suggest who and how much to tip.

There will be a 15% tip added on to any bar bill(s). If you end up with a bartender or drink server that provides outstanding service, you may want to tip them either during the cruise or on the last day. Your excursion hosts will expect a tip.

One thing that can be overlooked on your first cruise is the importance to the crew members that you mention them by name on the end of the cruise survey. You will receive a form, usually on the last full day of the cruise. Crew members who are mentioned in the reviews have the opportunity for better work assignments and extra time off especially in ports.

Archived