Which ports or cruise and ship would you recommend?

vermonter16

I'm thinking about suprising my husband with an Alaskan cruise in 2006. I would like a fun ship with good food and good stops....we love the outdoors and nature and I know nothing about Alaska. I would also like to see if we could get a suite with a hot tub on the balcony. Anyone have any recommendations, ideas, thoughts, share your own experiences on the matter? I would love it. Thank you.

Well there aren't any "fun" ships yet in Alaska. :) The "fun" is outside the ship in Alaska. :) You need to determine- how much time you can invest, your preference for Alaska travel- one way or round trip. Myself, I would never consider any one way without at least 5 days independent touring interior Alaska (7 on a cruisetour), sailing College Fjords and Seward. Head to your library and take out Frommer's And Fordor's Alaska. When you are ready to make a choice- best is to consider route, ports, time in ports, glacier, price. Budget fully for costly excursions- you get only half a trip without time- understand - cruise brochures are greatly enhanced, any wildlife viewing will require tours.

Archived