Have you never cruised before?

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading the threads on CC for a while now and have become quite opinionated so decided to join!

My mum and dad will be cruising on board the Navigator of the Seas in June and mum has been going on and on and on about it for so long that I thought i'd see what all the fuss is about. Well, having been reading up - I can tell!

My husband and I have a (very) nearly 3 yo daughter and we have not cruised (yet). Wondered if anyone else on here were cruise virgins? If people have been on board a cruise before with a 3yo dd or ds, id appreciate your comments. We have taken dd abroad before but to Port Aventura, Spain. She loved that but obviously is very different to cruising.

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading the threads on CC for a while now and have become quite opinionated so decided to join!

My mum and dad will be cruising on board the Navigator of the Seas in June and mum has been going on and on and on about it for so long that I thought i'd see what all the fuss is about. Well, having been reading up - I can tell!

My husband and I have a (very) nearly 3 yo daughter and we have not cruised (yet). Wondered if anyone else on here were cruise virgins? If people have been on board a cruise before with a 3yo dd or ds, id appreciate your comments. We have taken dd abroad before but to Port Aventura, Spain. She loved that but obviously is very different to cruising.

Welcome to the boards. We waited until our son was about 5 or 6, and able to enjoy the experience before we cruised. Until then, we vacationed at regular resorts. We preferred resorts, since there was much more room to spread out and relax in a real hotel room with a decent sized bathroom, and did not need to worry about the more formal atmosphere of the dining rooms. We were able to walk onto the beach every day, and not worry about untrained kids in the pool or crowded beaches. We also liked to take him for walks on the beach in the early evenings.

Hello Everyone,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Welcome! The link I posted above is for the family cruising thread on this board. You may want to check over there for tips for cruising with a young child! Have a great cruise:)

Hi Michelle...

My DH and I were cruise virgins till a few weeks ago. I had been reading these boards,'doing my homework', and decided on an itinerary,cruise line, etc. We had a wonderful time, and are doing it again in 2008 (wish it were sooner, but our budget won't allow!!) I cannot offer any advice re: cruising with a child, I do know some cruise lines' children's programs are better than others. You will find a lot of knowledge, good common sense, tips and a variety of opinions on these boards. They, too, are a bit addicting! Welcome - I hope you cruise soon and enjoy every minute!

Just came off the Mariner with my kids, the youngest will be 4 next month, and he had a BLAST! I would highly recommend it. However, if you are going on RCI, I would not take a child who is too young for the Adventure ocean program (the youngest they take is 3), because then you will have to pay for "babysitting" if you want time alone.

Adventure Ocean rocks!

Karen

My daughter was three weeks from turning 4 when we took her on a 7 day cruise in Hawaii. She was with us the entire time, and she had a lot of fun. A lot depends on the child though. She doesn't remember it (we haven't talked about it in a long time - she's turning 10 in three weeks) though.

I remember travelling w/her when she was 2, and it was truly terrible, but after that phase, she's been fine ever since. From a safety point of view, I would make sure that she didn't run off in one direction on her own. My DH is afraid of heights, so he was worried that she would slip through the railings - it was a much older ship.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived