Liberty Captain A Site To See

I know!!! And you'll have AWESOME weather to boot!! I wonder where they'll be taking you in the Atlantic. Should I go to Point Pleasant and get my binoculars out??? lol

Could be towards the Jersey shore or maybe off the coast of Long Island. It looks like you made the right decision choosing the Miami cruise over this one. You have plenty of time to recover before your vacation begins.

That photo does NOT due him justice. The man is adorabe!

I think I heard he's only 32!!! :eek:
I don't remember his exact age but I think he is more like 36 or 37. He looks much younger than his actual age. When he became captain of Granduer in 2002 he was the youngest captain in the RCCL fleet. (Maybe he was 32 at that time???) That is no longer true although I don't know who the youngest captain is now or how old he is.

He is the most personable, funny, outgoing (okay - and CUTEST! :p) captain we have met in our 4 cruises. During a tour in Skagway last year we saw him on a lot playing soccer with several crewmen including our cabin steward. He waved at us as we drove by. Wish I had been quick enough to snap a photo.

We asked our cabin steward about it later that day and he told us the Captain Zini had injured his thumb while playing so he didn't know how he was going to steer the ship. :p :D

I knew I had good taste.

During his Weather Channel interview he said the magic words..His ship could make it through a hurricane but he would not do it because of the inconvenience to the passengers...

I like a big strong man but one driving a big strong ship is even better!!!

Here is your Captain of the Liberty.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/behindTheSmiles/profile.do?INTERVIEWID=4[/quote]

Thanks for the link. I have a friend who's going on the Liberty in November. The cruise was a business gift to her husband, and this will be her first cruise. She's not excited about going but will go anyway. I'm trying to give her lots of info about how much she'll love it. So, to help that cause I've e-mailed her Capt. Zini's picture.

And, yes he does look very - VERY - young! But adorable, too.

I may be of a certain age, but I can still appreciate a handsome, sexy young man!

Is that all we men are to you..... sex objects? ;)

Especially you, Kewl!!:D

Only just 'discovered' this thread - funny Fran mentioned moi!! Fran, this guy Kewl is HOT!! Just don't tell his wife I said so - she won't ever talk to me again!!

Just clicked on to the photo - goodness me, didn't know they take them straight out of school!! Oh dear, now there's another Captain who won't allow me on his ship. The list is building - over to HAL next year!!

Especially you, Kewl!!:D

Only just 'discovered' this thread - funny Fran mentioned moi!! Fran, this guy Kewl is HOT!! Just don't tell his wife I said so - she won't ever talk to me again!!

Just clicked on to the photo - goodness me, didn't know they take them straight out of school!! Oh dear, now there's another Captain who won't allow me on his ship. The list is building - over to HAL next year!!

Not wife yet. Fiancee. :cool:

I have a friend who's going on the Liberty in November.

I'm not sure how long Captain Hernan Zini will be on for. They might be at the next captain. I was on Freedom of the Seas and Captain William Wright took the ship out for a few weeks. Then, I was on the 7th cruise of Freedom of the Seas and the Captain switched to Carlos Pedercini. The first captain doesn't seem to stay on for very long.

I'm going on Liberty in July (About 2 months) :D

Not wife yet. Fiancee.

Goodness me - wish I'd know that on the cruise - I am looking for a toyboy:D ;).

Well, don't play it Kewl for too long - she may look for greener pastures:eek: Give her my love!!

Anyway, we had a good time - did you know that P eventually decided to have a conversation with me - about cameras of all things - something about which I know absolutely nothing. I don't think that I bluffed my way through it - anyway, it was a start - better than the grunts I received from Big Little B!!!! I met him in the lift one morning (elevator) and said good morning. In return he grunted - causing everyone else to look at him in surprise!! I wasn't surprised of course:D Gosh, it was all so amusing - next cruise is the Baltic in July. I am sure that it will be relatively uneventful!! Off topic again - woe is me!!!:p

I have a friend who's going on the Liberty in November.

I'm not sure how long Captain Hernan Zini will be on for.
We attended Captain Zini's Q&A session on Radiance and he was asked about his work schedule. He said his specific contract has him working 4 months on then 2 months off. So if he continues that schedule with Liberty he should be back on come November.

You will definitely have Captain Zini! Lucky you! ;) Be sure to go to the Captain's Reception and have your picture taken with him. I bought the one of DH and I with him even though my eyes are closed just so I could have a picture of me with that Hunk-o Captain. :cool:

I'm not sure how long Captain Hernan Zini will be on for. They might be at the next captain. I was on Freedom of the Seas and Captain William Wright took the ship out for a few weeks. Then, I was on the 7th cruise of Freedom of the Seas and the Captain switched to Carlos Pedercini. The first captain doesn't seem to stay on for very long.

A difference here. Captain Wright is Senior Vice President of Marine Operations for RCI. His bringing out the Freedom was a special event. Captain Zini on the other hand should be on for a while.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/behindTheSmiles/profile.do?INTERVIEWID=14

A difference here. Captain Wright is Senior Vice President of Marine Operations for RCI. His bringing out the Freedom was a special event. Captain Zini on the other hand should be on for a while.
But we're talking about 2 different ships here. Captain Zini is on Liberty.

(Don't make me take back the genious comment. :p ;) :D)

I know what I posted about. If you read the part that I quoted you will see why I mentioned Freedom.
Okay. Sorry! :o

I agree that Zini is likely to be on Liberty for a while. He was very excited about his new assignment when we had him on Radiance. I believe we were on his next to last sailing of Radiance and he was then going to oversee the finishing of Liberty's construction.

His contract (while on Radiance anyway) has him working 4 months on with 2 months off. So for the poster who wanted to know if her friend would have him in November I would say that it is more than likely. He should have had his 2 months off and be back by then.

His contract (while on Radiance anyway) has him working 4 months on with 2 months off. So for the poster who wanted to know if her friend would have him in November I would say that it is more than likely. He should have had his 2 months off and be back by then.

Things have changed since he was on Radiance. The contract now reads they have to be on at least 8 weeks at the minimum and no longer than I'm assuming 14 weeks. Most of them went to a 10 week on/10 week off schedule.

Things have changed since he was on Radiance. The contract now reads they have to be on at least 8 weeks at the minimum and no longer than I'm assuming 14 weeks. Most of them went to a 10 week on/10 week off schedule.

That sounds like my kind of contract!!!!!!:) Life would be so good.

He is. And him I have actually seen.....beats Zini all to heck. But if I'm going to call you a sex object, Kewl, I need to see more than Arnie's jaw and glasses......:eek:

Fran in Toronto

I may be able to oblige you next week, Fran. ;)

I'll open the bidding.

How much will Fran pay me to post a photo of Kewlguy?

How much will Kewlguy pay me NOT to???

;) :p :D

I'll open the bidding.

Maybe Fran can start taking up a collection!

Better yet post Kewlguy's picture next to Capt Zini's pix and we can start a poll on who is the hottest! :D

Maybe Fran can start taking up a collection!

Better yet post Kewlguy's picture next to Capt Zini's pix and we can start a poll on who is the hottest! :D

Not necessary - Kewl wins by ten lengths!:D :D Even without the white uniform!! :p

(Anthony - you owe me big time!!;)!)

I'll open the bidding.

How about if I give you free drinks for the entire 2 day inaugural? ;)

Archived