Pearl Info

redfish01

Before noon is extreme high risk coming off any cruise ship in any port to make an airplane. While the airport has many delays that can cause you to miss you have to take into consideration the ship too. It's always that one person that can't pay or their card maxed out and they hold up the whole ship for that one person. Seems to happen on every one I've been on. Then that unknown at sea. A person goes over board last day and they turn the ship around. You can loose 6 hours easy on that one. Even at sea rescue the ship may have to respond too. Medical problems..... mechanical problems..... the list just goes on.

Spending the day in Seattle is not a bad thing!

I would think those of you with 1:00 p.m. or later flights should be ok. You might be pushing it a little, but should make it unless US Customs decides to delay your disembarkation which is not very often. (and if they do, a lot of people will be missing flights!)

Redfish: now your flight choice makes a little more sense. I hate to say though that 11:30 might really be pushing it!

Once again thanks for all the input! I still have not reviewed my insurance. Do you guys know if they cover a missed flight? BTW we are staying in Seattle an extra day:)

You need to read the fine print on your policy - many have lots of reason why they would not cover a missed flight. Driving to the airport private car stuck in traffic not covered. Documented accident with your car (police report) covered. Connecting flight only if you have not booked too close of a connecting time. Immigration delay could be considered caused by a government agency and any claim denied under force majeur. If you fight was earlier then the cruiseline recomended time they could avoid coverage.

Only you know what your policy covers and does not cover.

When was the last time you were at LAX, JFK, or Miami? I don't care how much more they charge to fly into Orange County as it is worth every cent to avoid LAX.

I don't understand why people say there is only 1 security line? There are 3 and you can go through any of them as the terminals are all connected beyond security. The lines are still long when you have 3 large cruise ships all docking at the same time.

Have you ever flown through DFW? 5 terminals, each with 3 security entrances, each entrance with two or more lines. The new Airtrans connects all the terminals, with a train every 10 minutes. Now, that's the way every major airport should be.

Redfish, can you use your Alaska miles on American? I was able to do the reverse and it worked out great! There are many flights to DFW on American, why don't you see if you can do that?

Jana

Archived