nitty jnr

noddie11

reading back a few pages, I notice you were asking about child care for your young son. we are on the July med cruise too.My daughter babysits at home and is trained in first aid as part of her lifesaving skills. She loves children, and while I can't commit her to a regular child minding job she would probably be happy to mind him on occasion for you if you would like a bit of time to yourselves!

I will second this offer. My daughter will be 15 on the cruise. I am a family child care provider and have 12 children 5 years old and under. She babysits for them on weekends. She also has CPR and First aid training. Perhaps between the two teens, you can have an evening out. My daughter is looking forward to the dinners in the Caronia, as we have all her ball gowns, but she probably would be available thereafter.

I am looking forward to this cruise.

Jeanne

hi both of you,

that's really kind. thank you very much.

we don't want to mess up the girls' holiday but if they want to earn a bit of money it would be appreciated.

we will see you on the ship.

thanks again, glenn.

I sent a reply on your original post, which I had not seen until yesterday, but the post disappeared. I assume you made good on your threat to have it removed.

What dining room are you assigned to? Have you thought about shore excursions? Can you take your son on bus tours? We have some private tours arranged if you would like to join us.

Do not worry about the "ballgowns". Thouh I am not a fashion expert, I have seen all kinds of dresses on the QE2. I have made a gold silk brocade and black flocked velvet gown in the style on the italian rennaisance for the masquerade ball. If I ahve time, I will also make a gown for the greek ball-turquiose silk with a greek key design. Both are full and "puffy". My daughters gowns are prom style dresses. so go for it. Where else will got the opportunity.

I sent a reply on your original post, which I had not seen until yesterday, but the post disappeared. I assume you made good on your threat to have it removed.

What dining room are you assigned to? Have you thought about shore excursions? Can you take your son on bus tours? We have some private tours arranged if you would like to join us.

Do not worry about the "ballgowns". Thouh I am not a fashion expert, I have seen all kinds of dresses on the QE2. I have made a gold silk brocade and black flocked velvet gown in the style on the italian rennaisance for the masquerade ball. If I ahve time, I will also make a gown for the greek ball-turquiose silk with a greek key design. Both are full and "puffy". My daughters gowns are prom style dresses. so go for it. Where else will got the opportunity.

hi,

yes i did have it removed.

i did reply but it was obviouly taken off before you saw it.

we are in the caronia too. we don't usually do the tours, we just hire a taxi and we are bringing his car seat with us.

thanks for your kind offer to join you, we would be pleased to in some ports. in others like gibralter we may just go ashore and have a little drinky somewhere, i don't fancy taking the little man near those bloody monkeys!

as for the dresses, i'll have to leave that for nitty to answer. i only need the one suit in fact i'll probably take what i need for the holiday in a budgens bag.

glenn.

We are not taking a private tour in Gibraltar- my husband is interested in the military one offered by Cunard. He has no desire to see the "bloody" monkeys either. I am with you on the cocktail idea. A nice cafe and watch the world go by. I have a hard time being in a foreign place and not seeing everything. I do not want to miss a 'must see' sight, but enjoying the local culture is touring of a sort also.

We are trying to figure out Malaga. I would like to see the Alhambra, but the cruise tour would cost us $375. I can rent a car, but I have heard the drive is treacherous. So we are still researching. In Crete, Athens, Valetta and Malta we have arranged a private car and guide. In Marmaris, I am interested in taking in a Turkish bath. It sounds adventurous and I am not finding alot of information about it. Perhaps Nitty would enjoy that.

There is a thread started on our new Cunard rollcall. Major Kathie and DH Tony, the other volunteer babysitter (noddie11) and us are on it so far.

We are not taking a private tour in Gibraltar- my husband is interested in the military one offered by Cunard.

Don't take a Cunard tour in Gibraltar. There is nowhere you can't get on foot in a couple of hours. I'm not sure what the "military tour" includes. Is it the "City under siege" tour that we were offered at Christmas? If so you'd have a far better (and cheaper) time booking a taxi to do a "Rock Tour".

I am with you on the cocktail idea.

If it's a nice day take a taxi to The Rock Hotel. Go and have a drink on the Wisteria Terrace with fantastic views out over the harbour; if the weather's not so good sit in their lounge for a drink, the views are just as good. Alternatively get your taxi to drop you off at Bianca's in Marina Bay it's a lovely bistro that's populated by locals rather than tourists. (It's also within sight of the ship so finding your way back shouldn't be a problem).

I do not want to miss a 'must see' sight, but enjoying the local culture is touring of a sort also.

A "must do" is to visit the "Top of the Rock" and look out over the Gibraltar Straights to Africa. (I'm sorry to say but the Apes are another thing that you should see in Gibraltar). If you do a taxi tour then he'll take you to see both the view and the apes)

We are trying to figure out Malaga.

We went to Malaga as well at Christmas. We didn't have high hopes for it but it became one of our favourite ports. There is a hop on-hop off sightseeing bus there. If you get that it will take you round the most important sites in a couple of hours. You can get off at sites where you want to explore further. Don't miss the Alcazaba - it's well worth seeing (a bit like a mini Alhambra).

I would like to see the Alhambra

The Alhambra is another place that is well worth seeing - just not from Malaga - it's a three hour drive each way. Go and spend a few days in Granada to see it.

We are not taking a private tour in Gibraltar- my husband is interested in the military one offered by Cunard. He has no desire to see the "bloody" monkeys either. I am with you on the cocktail idea. A nice cafe and watch the world go by. I have a hard time being in a foreign place and not seeing everything. I do not want to miss a 'must see' sight, but enjoying the local culture is touring of a sort also.

We are trying to figure out Malaga. I would like to see the Alhambra, but the cruise tour would cost us $375. I can rent a car, but I have heard the drive is treacherous. So we are still researching. In Crete, Athens, Valetta and Malta we have arranged a private car and guide. In Marmaris, I am interested in taking in a Turkish bath. It sounds adventurous and I am not finding alot of information about it. Perhaps Nitty would enjoy that.

There is a thread started on our new Cunard rollcall. Major Kathie and DH Tony, the other volunteer babysitter (noddie11) and us are on it so far.

it all seems very interesting, we can discuss it when we get on board.

i'll check out the rollcall thread in a while. does it seem odd to you that nobody else has posted saying they are doing our cruise?

glenn.

Nitty, if you are taking a car seat with you it might be worth looking at getting one of these. http://shop.babyworld.co.uk/DisplayDetail.aspx?which=1103

makes it easier to lug the damn thing around, not the easiest or lightest things are they?

Malaga is actually quite nice and the driving is easy once you are out of the city. Antequera is nice, that's about an hours drive inland and also the Lobo park is a fascinating way to spend a few hours.

The Lobo park is run by a German chao called Daniel who wanted to study Wolves behaviour. There is also a little petting zoo that our son loved.

Archived