Millenium CC 6144 v CC aft 8172

happycruzer

We have absolutley loved the Aft cabins that we've been lucky enough to have on our past couple of cruises . Most recently 8185 Aft on Summit. But on booking our Millenium Cruise to Alaska we could not secure an Aft CC cabin ( all sold out ) but we did ask to be wait listed if any became available.

So now we are in a suituation of having a choice between Cabin 6144 or an Aft # 8172. As one has now became available.

It is a Northbound Alaskan cruise. Both cabins are CC class/same price/amenities etc. Its just the position now that we cant decide on.

Is either of them better than the other for this itinerary.

Or for any seasoned X cruiser who could give us the pros/cons of each I'd be most grateful.

Many thanks

Happycruzer

I have sailed in 6143, sister of 6144. The balcony is what makes this cabin. I think it is approx 2 1/2 or 3 x's larger than the normal CC balcony. The room is approx 1 ft wider giving you a little more room at the foot of the bed to walk. We love this room and have it booked far in advance. Many really enjoy the afts and will give you their views I'm sure. You probably can't go wrong. Two great selections.

We've had both cabins. We like 6143/4 on long cruises like TAs because of the extra width in the cabin -- you can open the bathroom and closet doors at the same time. For scenery however, like an Alaska cruise, I would probably opt for the aft. Nice problem to have and either cabin would be an excellent choice. Enjoy!:D

I definitely agree with Ruth. An aft cabin is the best for the Alaska itinerary or Panama Canal because you can see both sides of ship. It's especially nice in the Inside Passage because of the scenery on both sides. Also when viewing the glacier it provides your own private viewing area with a good window of opportunity for seeing the glacier. Be sure to also get up on one of the higher open decks for a little while when viewing the glacier.

I have stayed in an aft 3 times and once in 6144. Both are of the best cc cabins. My conclusions are...grab the aft first and 6144 second.

Archived