anniversary

noddie11

I notice from the web page, if your anniversary falls within 2 months of the date of your cruise of over 6 days, if you send proof, you can get a few gifts.

Needless to say I am interested as our 20th anniversary will qualify. Has any one have experience of how easy this is to do? What about birthdays?

For birthdays - if your birthday actually falls while you are on the cruise - just tell them in advance and they'll get you a cake. You're right in that for anniversaries of passengers from the UK they do ask for proof - you only need to email them a copy of your certificate, it's easy. The "gifts" aren't that much but they're better than nothing - who'd turn down a free bottle of Champagne? The free photo saves you buying one!

My wife and I are celebrating our 2nd anniversary on the Memorial Day Getaway. I called Cunard last night to let them know and I was told we get a special cake at dinner and "decorations in the cabin" The rep on the phone was unable to tell me any more about it. They also did not need any proof of our anniversary. I had read on this board that some people have received other perks. I guess maybe it all depends on your steward and waiter to see how they celebrate it. Either way we are so excited just to be on board and little surprises never hurt. right? I am guessing that if you call and ask maybe you would get another answer. Maybe celebrating your 20th will get other perks.

Congrats on your anniversary...have a great trip!

I notice from the web page, if your anniversary falls within 2 months of the date of your cruise of over 6 days, if you send proof, you can get a few gifts.

Needless to say I am interested as our 20th anniversary will qualify. Has any one have experience of how easy this is to do? What about birthdays?

i'm told you get a fruit basket, a bottle of fizzy,a letter from the captain and a free portrait photo. i phoned cunard shoreside and they asked me to fax our wedding certificate over.

ask for cherry or rowan (08456780013)

it's our fifth while we are on. sounds like a little drinky:p.

They also did not need any proof of our anniversary.

This is one place (of many!) where the requirements of the US and the UK Cunard differ. In the US Cunard do not want proof, in the UK they do.

If your anniversary is actually whilst you're on the cruise then I think that you will get a cake, I've never heard of them decorating the cabin though:confused:

This

I've never heard of them decorating the cabin though:confused:

I thought the same thing. Seemed a little out of character to me. Hearing my cabin would be "decorated" was not what I expected her to say. Then when she couldnt elaborate I thought maybe she has formulated that idea on her own, not knowing a def. answer.

In your experience does this "anniversary package" seem like the kind of thing that varies based on who sets it up and the staff that are working in your cabin? A bottle of bubbly would be nice. Thanks for your input.

In your experience does this "anniversary package" seem like the kind of thing that varies based on who sets it up and the staff that are working in your cabin? A bottle of bubbly would be nice. Thanks for your input.

No. The English brochure says :Champagne, Flowers, a card from the Captain and a photograph; the US brochure is the same, except it then goes on to include QM2's Kennel Programme under the heading "Does Cunard offer anything special for those celebrating anniversaries or honeymoons"!

My parents travelled within two months of their wedding anniversary last year and we spent our honeymoon onboard last Christmas - we both only got the package advertised in the brochure.

Nitty and Noddie11: My DH and I are celebrating our 17 anniversary on July 21, which falls when we are on the cruise. When are yours? should we all meet for a drink?

Jeanne

PS We could let the teenage girls manage the nonmobile set!

I thought the same thing. Seemed a little out of character to me. Hearing my cabin would be "decorated" was not what I expected her to say. Then when she couldnt elaborate I thought maybe she has formulated that idea on her own, not knowing a def. answer.

I don't think the stewards influence the package because it's standard . A bottle of champagne in cabin on arrival, a vase of flowers a voucher for a formal photo and a letter/certificate from the Captain. We also had a cake presented at the table one evening and the waiters and Maitre D sang. All jolly enjoyable and a shame they've done away with the upgrade that also used to be part of the package.

Any extras are always welcome; they're just a nice gesture.:)

Nitty and Noddie11: My DH and I are celebrating our 17 anniversary on July 21, which falls when we are on the cruise. When are yours? should we all meet for a drink?

Jeanne

PS We could let the teenage girls manage the nonmobile set!

ours is july 20th. it's a formal night i think. should we all meet for a drink? hell yeah.

glenn.

Today is our 26th anniversary, The QM2 is on the same cruise today and in the same position(bound to Barcelona) that it would have been in last year if the cruise had not been canceled. Anyhow we did take the next med Cruise on June 15 2006 and apparently our TA had informed Cunard of our anniversary and we were greeted in our cabin with a letter from the captain, a small bottle of champagne and a fruit and cheese tray.

Later in the cruise while dining at Todd English we received an anniversary cake, which I believe was initiated by our tablemates.

This year we are celebrating our anniversary at home in Truro.

Joel

On Princess, they only decorate your cabin door with balloons and a sign, and give you a cake. If you want bubbly or a photo, you can order a special occasion package, for a fee. I wonder if the phone rep you spoke to recently came over from the Princess office?

We didn't get that:mad: Just as well - Paul would have been so embarrassed!:D

But probably not half as embarrassed as Cunard employees who didn't really know whether to sing was the right thing or not; so they compromised and sang the happy birthday song rather than the happy anniversary song!:)

Anita

Archived