I've defected from NCL....

From what I understand Tahitian Princess, which is decidely less formal than other Princess ships, just wants pants, and a collared shirt and perhaps a sports jacket.

News to me. Good to know if it's true. We'll check it out--thanks.

Welove2cruise2-You probably already know this, but Noordam offers waiter-service in the lido at night too.

Yes, I read that -- we're not too concerned about dressing up for dinner (I actually like it, and I KNOW I can talk DH into dressing up), but we'll miss the fact that we have 8-10 different restaurants to choose from... Although it looks like the extensive dinner menus will make up for that!

And what we booked is a STERN VA -- overlooking the wake on deck 5!!!

We're planning on doing this ship in 09' date=' and we've already decided that there is [i']no meal[/i], including lobster, worth lugging formal wear all that distance, just to be all hot and sweaty in the South Pacific! We're opting for the buffet on those nights.

Don't they have air conditioning in the dining rooms? :rolleyes:

Don't they have air conditioning in the dining rooms? :rolleyes:

Yup, and they have it in my cabin too, but that doesn't stop me from sweating like a stevedore by the time I get myself shoved and pushed into all the clothes. Sheesh, sometimes dressing formally feels like I'm trying to stuff a marshmallow into a piggy bank. :eek:

Everyone who dislikes wearing clothing that might remotely resemble formal wear has NCL.

And if NCL went to the South Pacific, I'd be all over it. Still, I'm just fine with the buffet for a night or two. With this wonderful itinerary, it's certainly not about the meals, it's all about the amazing places to go.

Maybe the non-traditionalists, who worry that their whole cruise will be ruined by having to dress up a bit, for a few hours on a couple of evenings of the cruise,( not you,Stillfloatin' ) should concentrate on trying to get NCL to add this itinerary rather than on trying to get a more traditional style cruiseline to change their style to accomodate some cruisers need to avoid dressing up at all costs?

Archived