hi-in wine

Carcarmat

it is my under standing that the hi-in wine does not keep on the cruise ship too spend your money on the cheep wine ?

LOL, I think the OP wants to know:

"Do cruise ships store high end wines (i.e. the expensive ones) properly so that they remain drinkable, or would it be better to buy cheaper wines?"

I don't know the answer, just thought I'd try to rephrase the question in proper English so someone who does know might understand it.

I think he's saying that high end wine doesn't keep well on the ship and asking if we spend our money on the cheap wine. :confused:

I am sure I speak for all the others who have viewed and/or replied in saying:

THANK YOU FOR THAT TRANSLATION :D :D

As that movie title goes, I think we were all

LOST IN TRANSLATION :D :D

I under stand what I am asking but lets see if I can get it a cross on the travel chanel it was told that expensive wine looses what makes it stand out due too the movment of the ship so dont waste your money on the high end wine. is this true I dont thank the travel chanel would lie but I know that on this board some one wiil know not just guess

I under stand what I am asking but lets see if I can get it a cross on the travel chanel it was told that expensive wine looses what makes it stand out due too the movment of the ship so dont waste your money on the high end wine. is this true I dont thank the travel chanel would lie but I know that on this board some one wiil know not just guess

Okay, I saw that too. I really don't know. You can usually trust that the Travel Channel is giving you good information although it doesn't always apply in all situations. I don't drink a lot of wine and wouldn't spend my money on high dollar wine anyway. However, I did ask for a bottle of wine for Mother's Day. Still waiting on DD to show up with that! ;)

I work in the Wine and Spirits industry and have never heard that the rocking of a cruise ship will dinegrate or spoil the wine. After all, almost all imported wine into the US is brought in by cargo ships. Also all the transportation from the cargo terminals to the distributors and then to your local retailer, wines do not take anymore abuse on a ship. If you try a wine on board that you think is not "right" have the the wine steward and if need be the somellier taste the wine and if they agree the wine is off they should allow you get another bottle or offer you a different wine of your chosing. We have had several hi-end wines on board and have never had a problem.

Keith

Archived