Atlantis Aquarium?!

SunTravels

Hello,

I am traveling in a group of 5; many we are going with really want to go to the Atlantis Aquarium. Is there enough time if we are in Nassau from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.? What is the best route to take to get there? And how do we go about buying tickets? And any other additional info that anyone thinks would be helpful...

Thanks!!

Hello,

1. I am traveling in a group of 5; many we are going with really want to go to the Atlantis Aquarium. Is there enough time if we are in Nassau from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.?

2. What is the best route to take to get there?

3. And how do we go about buying tickets?

4. And any other additional info that anyone thinks would be helpful...

Thanks!!

In answer to your questions:

1. Yes, Atlantis is only 15 minutes away by taxi so it's quite easy to get to.

2. Taxi or water taxi. With the water taxi there is still a short walk once you get to Paradise Island but it's a pleasant walk. Regular taxi takes you right to the hotel door.

3. They'll sell you tickets for the aquarium inside the hotel. Ask for tickets for "The Dig". Keep in mind this is just the indoor/underground aquarium tanks, not the swimming pool complex.

4. Helpful information: Don't waste your money! The price is $29 per person and IMO (and many others) it's not worth that kind of money. If your ship was staying late you could see The Digs for free after dark and then it's worthwhile. But for $29 there's plenty more things to buy or see. And you can see much of the main tank for free from the hotel main lobby. So all you're missing are the side views of the same tank plus the smaller aquariums.

BobK/Orlando

4. Helpful information: Don't waste your money! The price is $29 per person and IMO (and many others) it's not worth that kind of money. If your ship was staying late you could see The Digs for free after dark and then it's worthwhile. But for $29 there's plenty more things to buy or see. And you can see much of the main tank for free from the hotel main lobby. So all you're missing are the side views of the same tank plus the smaller aquariums.

I'll second Bob's opinion.

It was nice to see for free after 6PM in January, but definitely not worth the $29 per person fee they charge, just for the Dig Aquarium.

Over half the views from inside the Dig are different views of the same large tank you see for free from the lobby restuarant. (you can tell when the Manta Ray swims by you, yet again)

Bill

I completely agree! When we stayed there for 5 nights we still would have had to pay to get to see the "Digs"! We finally walked thru there late one night (free) and I remember thinking, "Man, I would have been pissed to have to pay extra to see this!"

I did enjoy it, but NOT for a price of 30 bucks extra!

I think the lunch or dinner by the hugh aquariums in the lobby is one of the most enjoyable things we did and we look forward to doing this again.

Also, I look forward to seeing the Chihuly sculptures again as we have seen the ones in Bellagio and we will be seeing the ones on the Disney Wonder as well.

Atlantis is definitely worth touring.

Archived