Bikini Wax Bumps Solution...

My husband had just told me the other day that I looked like I had "Buckwheat in a headlock", meaning my bikini area needed a little bit of attention. I'm always hesitant because I get horrendous rashes and it's just so uncomfortable for a couple of weeks. So...my new issue of Prevention arrived and I was glancing through and saw a home remedy for bikini bumps and decided to give it a whirl. It stated that if you exfoliate daily during your shower, and then apply a salycilic acid or other pimple cream to your nether regions you won't see any ingrown hairs or rashing. I'm post shave day 4, and I have not rashed at all. I'm incredibly pale, and have VERY sensitive skin and I usually look absolutely AWFUL down there after a wax or shave and it just hurts and itches. I'm so thrilled with this that I'm definately keeping up the clean as a whistle look. I have tried all sorts of solutions, and it never seems to work on me. I've tried waxing, shaving with a straight razor, shaving with clippers first and then shaving with a straight edge, Coochie Cream, Conditioners, lotions, and nothing has ever worked...until now! I hope this works as well for others as it has for me!

Q How can prevent the red bumps I get after waxing my bikini area?

from

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0846/is_10_21/ai_86035084

If you still get bumps, try the antibiotic ointment Neosporin; your follicles could be infected.

from

http://magazines.ivillage.com/cosmopolitan/print/0,,670128,00.html

Expect the skin to be red for 12 - 24 hours. Some people also get little "chicken skin" bumps around each hair follicle as well, they usually subside with the redness.

from

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1247240

Definitely exfoliating the skin is the answer to those bumps. You should always do it before shaving or waxing and the difference is amazing. The day after, I do it again and then every 3-4 days thereafter. I use a cloth which I've purchased in the cosmetic dept. of a health food store. It's similar to a loofah but it's in the form of a cloth and not as coarse. It also lasts for years and does not need replacing as often as the loofah. I use it all over my body to exfoliate with great results. Saves a lot of money instead of buying those expensive scrubs on the market.

Another product which reduces chafing in that area especially in warmer weather is Monistat's Intimate Care Chafing Relief Powder-gel. It's formulated especially for the inner thigh and bikini area. I had to shop around a bit until I found it....in the grocery store. It's a great product!

I have a soap saver, it's basically a loofah puff that you put the soap into and you exfoliate as you lather up. I do this every morning, and then as soon as I step out I apply my Neutrogena Healthy Skin (anti wrinkle no less!). My husband has said, not only do I not have a rash I'm not going to get wrinkles there either! You have no idea just how incredibly relieved I am that this works. I have tried to find a solution for years, and nothing ever worked for me. I could never understand how other people could do this successfully, as it was always so incredibly painful for a couple of weeks afterwards. This was truly the winning combination for my situation. I'm not even going to tell you how thrilled my DH is!

Archived