Where to go in June, July or August

My husband and I will be taking our second cruise later this year, and are already attempting to plan one for next year. We want to go without our son next year, and have up to 12 days we can take sometime between mid-june and the end of August. Short of looking up the average temps of all of the ports of call we're unsure how to go about finding a nice place to visit that won't cost an arm and a leg and won't be hot as hell... Any suggestions for an inexpensive getaway between 7-12 days at that time????

Well I guess you know those are pretty much the most expensive months to cruise, so nothing will be "inexpensive", except relative to other cruises those months.

If you wait until the end of August prices should be starting to drop on last minute cruise if its like last year.

Hello,

I would look at an Alaskan cruise round trip from San Francisco (10 days)or Seattle (7 and 8 days) I say this because generally the airfare to and from SF or Seattle will be less than to and from Vancouver. San Francisco is also served by the Oakland Airport which sometimes has lower fares than to the San Francisco airport.

Also, you could consider a European cruise. The airfare may be more than you want to pay but there are some decent prices on both air and cruises and I would not automatically say that the prices are too high without researching this. And if you are interested in a European cruise consider flying to Dublin Ireland and then using a local European airline to and from Dublin, to your port of departure.

Further, there are some cruises from the New York City area and Baltimore that cruise round trip to Canada and New England from Mid June through August.

However, if it it just a cruise you want, that is, without cultural enrichment or seeing new places, then look at cruises that go round trip from Fort Lauderdale to the Carribbean. These cruises will be less but i am sure you and your DH will have a great time.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

Just wanted to say, August is THE most expensive month to travel in Europe, by any means of travel. That's the month that most Europeans have off for summer holidays, so all the airfare, hotels, tours, etc., jack up their prices commensurately. Plus, it's really really hot that time of year. So I wouldn't recommend a European cruise at the end of the summer -- save the Mediterranean for a time when you can cruise in spring.

Archived