Can you view your account online before you go?

Linny13

Can you view your account online before you go? I have $200 ship board credit from Hal and $100 shipboard credit that was given to us by friends for an anniversary gift. Is there a way to view your account before you leave to make sure that HAL has all of this posted?

Also, if you order shore excursions online, can you view the debits to your account (or do you have to pay for them upfront by credit card)? Is all this a waste of time, or should I just directly make a phonecall to HAL?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Linny:o

Hi Linny,

I don't know of any way to check a shipboard account before you go, because you haven't as yet, established one. You do that when you register your credit card on board.

Shorex, when purchased online, are paid for up front, and don't appear on your ship account. However, if you cancel a shorex within the allotted time, HAL will credit it back to your credit card co. if it's within the period of time up to 10 days of sailing; otherwise, say you cancel onboard before the cut-off date, it will appear on your ship account as a credit.

If you book online be sure to print a copy for yourself and bring it with you.

My son, who sailed back with us from Amsterdam did not have a cabin assignment when he booked his shorex and HAL had no record of his trips even tho they were fully paid. Luckily we had the print-out and they had to honor it. They tried to skate because one trip was cancelled due to bad weather so he received no ticket, and therefore got no credit, AGAIN, we had the printout which showed the payment; they awarded the credit.

Your on-board vouchers should be in your cruise documents as coupons to hand in when you register your card. Gifts will probably be delivered to your cabin with a card informing you of the transaction and the sender.

Hope this helps.

GN

Ask your TA or HAL to fax you an "Itinerary Invoice". (Sometimes called a passenger invoice.)

This invoice will give you a break down of any onboard credits or other items that you may have ordered. Bring it with you and if necessary show it to the Guest Relations Manager aboard ship.

I order a foam mattress pad when I cruise. It shows on my invoice. Until all of the ship and cabins have the new bedding I make do with the mattress pad.

:)

Not only can't you check your account before you cruise, you can't even check it on the TV in your room.

Once you or your TA gets everything in writing, make copies of it just in case. We always make copies of our vouchers because once you turn in that voucher, then it is your word against theirs.

:)

The only time its difficult to make copies is when a friend/family member has given you a cabin credit and it is on a card in your cabin. When you take it to the front desk to register it, ask for a receipt of some sort......jean :cool:

All great ideas, thanks. I am a "copy" person to begin with, so that is good. And the receipt is a great idea. I have to remember that.

WOW, I'm surprised that during the cruise you cannot check your account on the tv. We could on Carnival. We could even check our children's accounts from the master account (my husband's).

Archived