I am confused. Carnival Liberty???

FitzLA

So I have been looking at pics of Carnival Liberty and Conquest class ships in general, and trying to figure out the pool situation. So there are 3 pools, from what I can see. One small pool near the slide, one pool on the lido deck, and one aft pool. The Lido deck appears to be covered from the pics. Is this true? If that is the case, since the aft pool is the dome pool, is that small pool near the slide the only pool with full sun?

So I have been looking at pics of Carnival Liberty, and trying to figure out the pool situation. So there are 3 pools, from what I can see. One small pool near the slide, one pool on the lido deck, and one aft pool. The Lido deck appears to be covered from the pics. Is this true? If that is the case, since the aft pool is the dome pool, is that small pool near the slide the only pool with full sun?

Hi FitzLA

No, Lido deck is completely open with the exception of Lido Aft. The Main pool, Lido Midship, and the pool on deck 10 forward by the slide are open and not covered.

If your looking to sail on the Liberty, your making a great choice!!

Happy Cruising!!

Hi FitzLA

No, Lido deck is completely open with the exception of Lido Aft. The Main pool, Lido Midship, and the pool on deck 10 forward by the slide are open and not covered.

If your looking to sail on the Liberty, your making a great choice!!

Happy Cruising!!

Thanks for the response. For some reason, all the pics I look at make it look like the mid ship pool is covered. Yes, we are sailing on Liberty. We are booked for next year. I am so excited. Great itinerary of all places I have never been. Again, thanks for the response.

There is a covered area around the sides of the Lido deck near the pool where they have tables and chairs; we like sitting there for dinner and lunch. The pool and immediate surroundings are open, with lounge chairs.

The mid ship pool deck is completely open ...

Sundeckstretch.jpg

The rear pool has a sliding dome, so you can swim in the rain (thought you are going to get wet either way, so I don't know what the point is) ...

Glory-aftpool.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Great ones, by the way. I guess the angle of the pic is confusing since it looks like the mid ship pool disappears under a cover. I just can't see it from this angle. But in other pics I found, I see that the pool is not covered. Just not nearly as big as spirit class pools. Thanks again. Can't wait to be on Liberty!

thanks for asking this question, fitz. i knew the answer, but i love the photos your thread generated. thanks to all who posted these great pics. this dec will be my first time on conquest class vessel too. and i'm doing liberty, like you. woo hoo. these photos have me psyched!

Wonderful pics. I just spoke with my PVP earlier today and I decided upon the Liberty 6 day W. Carib 4/6/2008 and will be able to splurge on a balcony (thanks to the military discount)...mind you my first balcony so I was rather EXCITED :D . Seeing those pics made me feel very comfortable with my decision to sail on Liberty. You got anymore pics of the liberty you like to share? ;)

Thanks again

I know they are sister ships, but you did notice that these pictures are of Glory

yes. right away, of course. but there isn't much decor to be different in the pool area. so i'm proceeding on the premise that they are exactly the same, except... i did notice that it does not appear that the glory has the huge outdoor screen that liberty has on lido for "movies under the stars." is that right?

Liberty is the first Carnival ship we have sailed on, and not the last. We loved it. I have a large photo album of Liberty pics in my Yahoo album that's linked in my signature block. Lots of interior pics in the album.

I really liked the outdoor video screen. They played full length music video concerns in the early evening when I was on Liberty. I was on Valor for 2 weeks a couple of weeks ago, and I really missed the video screen.

I noticed that the stage on the lido deck is different on Glory than on Valor or Liberty. I guess they make subtle changes as new ships come out.

Don't forget the Fish n Chips place on the Conquest class ships. It's great.

Ken

Wonderful pics. I just spoke with my PVP earlier today and I decided upon the Liberty 6 day W. Carib 4/6/2008 and will be able to splurge on a balcony (thanks to the military discount)...mind you my first balcony so I was rather EXCITED :D . Seeing those pics made me feel very comfortable with my decision to sail on Liberty. You got anymore pics of the liberty you like to share? ;)

Thanks again

I am looking at the same cruise. There will be six of us and I plan on booking a balcony too, thanks to past guest discounts. It will be my first balcony too.

My photo album from out May 6th sailing!

496177239_80a3a531fe.jpg?v=0

Watch out for this lady..LoL She snorkeled every day. Still not sure if she saw any fish

496130294_d97edd995d.jpg?v=0

496330131_9986ae98d7.jpg?v=0

LIberty with Inspiration and Imagination in Grand Cayman:

496347181_dcb6d9d452.jpg?v=0

You'll love this ship! There is always a line for the sushi bar, line up early! Don't skip harry's..its worth every penny of the $30pp..book the minute you step on the ship. When there is a crowd, head for the upper most deck, its the last to fill up, you get a fantastic view, a great breeze, and there are bathrooms next to camp carnival. That dome is open on the other pool most of the time. I think I only saw it closed once. I found the whole ordeal clausterphobic so I only went there for pizza. Many ppl never tried fish n chips b/c its so far out of the way. Go to the very BACK of the buffet area when getting your food, people generally stop at the first buffet even thou the one on the backside is identical and typically less crowded. Take the stairs by the peacock portrait UP to go to fish and chips. There is RARELY anyone up there so if you want a quite place to eat and you don't mind climbing stairs to get get dessert and a side salad, this is the place to sit (ps there is a drink machine up here at least). The captains gala is heald on the promenade from the sushi bar, to the piano bar, to victorias lounge. If you think you'd like to SIT and drink, you'd better get your pics done quickly and find a seat. Eat breakfast in the resturant at least once. Though the buffet and the resturaunt serve the same thing every day, they serve slightly different items from each other (my friend was really into the belgian waffles)...it breaks up the monotany. And the most important tip of all ( i didn't realize this till the last day..good thing I had some ppl to follow or I would have never gotten to eat!) You cannot get into the silver dining room DIRECTLY. (and silver is where breakfast and early dinner are served!) You have to walk to the end of the promenade (5th deck) and go down one flight of stairs to get to the top floor or two flights to get to ground level (or take the aft elevators). Ok..thats all I can think of right now. I'm so jealous..you guys are going to have so much fun!

Archived