Yet another tip poll!

Roboat

How and when do you tip?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. How and when do you tip?

• I tip when someone delivers an alcoholic drink.
    • I tip when someone delivers a soft drink.
    • I tip over $100 (per couple) extra on the last day.
    • I tip under $100 (per couple) extra on the last day.
    • The $10/pp/pd covers it. I rarely tip on the last day.
    • I remove the $10/pp/pd and handle the tipping myself
    • I tip in advance to get better service.
    • Tip? Now they want a tip?????
    • I think I am considered a big tipper.
    • I probably tip less than average.

Jim, I too take along a bunch of thank you cards...I seem to get a lot of them in the mail from Service organizations....and always write a "thank you for your service" note. We were taught to do that as children. On our last cruise on the Zaandam, I passed out 18 envelopes. I`ve told my husband I`m going to stop talking to and getting friendly with so many crew members!!(not!),.....jean :cool:

Too Funny, elmorejj (jean)! I told my DH exactly the same thing after our last cruise! :D

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Like the idea of putting email address on notes. We have kept in tough with a lot of the crew over the years through trading email addresses. It has helped us find out information about particular ships and helped us plan our vacations.

One thing we like about wtitting the notes is that it gives you a chance to relive great moments in the cruise.....

Jim & Ruth

We've not been on HAL with the new policy but have sailed many times on NCL. We've basically just left the $10 pp alone but give the room service people $2 when they bring our coffee. Also on our last cruise we had severl free drink coupons that we used in the same bar each night. We gave our server a tip because 15% of free is nothing.

I still think one of the most important "tips" is non-monetary. That is to mention on the survey forms by name those on board who made the trip special. That helps them get extra perks, promotions, and good assignments.

I still think one of the most important "tips" is non-monetary. That is to mention on the survey forms by name those on board who made the trip special. That helps them get extra perks, promotions, and good assignments.

A very good point, and something we should all remember to do! There's also the flip side, which is to note those who consistently hindered your enjoyment. Not just a single small incident, everyone can have a bad day, but those who just seem to rub you the wrong way (literally, if its the spa staff :) ) throughout the voyage....

The $10.00 per person per day is fine with us.

We take a pack of Hasty Notes with us and write a personal message to those we 'extra' tip - seems to us that if you tip extra, it's nice to personalize your appreciation!

Having already paid 15% on drinks, we're quite selective as to who we 'extra' tip.

We're not made of money and not out to impress anyone with our 'generousity' but feel we tip quite generously where warranted. We're usually acknowledged, by name, by waitstaff we've previously travelled with.

I see you are from Orlando. Maybe it has to do with the chads. :cool:

:D :D I just saw this - very funny.

("I just keep wonderin' what this Chad feller did, that everyone talks about hanging him")

When you allow people to select more than one response in voting the percentages are based upon the total number of votes, NOT on the total number of VOTERS. The only way for the percentages to be coordinate with the voters is for each voter to have only ONE selection, not multiples. If one can only choose 1 selection, then that selection would reflect them directly. As it is, one person might choose several selections, while others might choose only one or two of the options.

So ... if multiple selections are allowed, just remember that the percentages reflect the total number of choices made -- not the total number of voter. There IS meaning there ... just not exclusive and precise relative to each voter. To determine THAT kind of data, you'd have to have several different polls with a limit to 1 selection on each poll.

:D

Isn't statistics fun?

Ii is more likely a design or coding error in the polling software. Since the SW recognizes that "you have already voted in this poll" it obviously tracks the voters by poll. So all the SW has to do to make the statistics meaningful is to base the percentages on number of Voters instead of on the number of Votes. Don't need several different polls. Thank goodness.

I want my money back!!:p Oh wait - it's free. Dang.

And yes, 9 out of 8 people agree that statistics is fun. (The other 4 are just wrong.)

Archived