Favorite NCL Food Items Anyone???

nclcruiser76

Food on NCL Sun was very good, but there was very little that stands out in my mind. The one exception: pretzel rolls that they served as little sandwiches during an on-deck buffet one night. They were just like the Kastanien that we enjoy so much in Munich. We tried to get just the rolls served to us at dinner the next night, but all of them had been made up into sandwiches. Our waiter got us a few of them to take back to our cabin, but it just wasn't the same. I'd sail NCL again in a heartbeat if they'd promise to serve the pretzel rolls at breakfast and dinner!

The desserts on my majesty cruise were outstanding, and you can see from my screen name, I prepare and eat a lot of dessert. There was this chocolate pecan fudge cake, I believe it was a flourless cake, pure heaven!!!!! The souffles were melt in your mouth. The buffet on this ship is weak, as were their desserts, but the dining room desserts more than made up for them.

The pasta cafe had a nice cheesecake, very smooth and light.

MAC

Hello there,

Reading all these posts has made me hungry. I'm curious to see what people enjoy the most on NCL when it comes to food :confused:

Our favorite was the omelet station about 7 am, it was quiet, and food made to taste. Bacon forever.:D We snacked at the buffet and since cherry tomatoes are expensive for us, we consumed lots of them along with fruits and veggies.

Thanks for your reply. We're cruising Alaska in August, so I was planning on hitting the buffet for omelets and toast/muffins in the morning and bringing them back to our room to watch the glacier's as we float by.

I could go for an omelet right now in fact. Mmmm mmmm good :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Has anyone tried the chocolate obsession in Cagney's? I need to see a picture of this wonderful dessert :p

Yes and I don't have a pic, but it was wonderful! I had this twice, and wish I could have it more often... outstanding!!! :)

As far as other favorites on NCL go...

On the Sun, I loved the filet mignon at East Meets West Steakhouse. I had it twice, and both times it was one of the best steaks I've ever had. Their crabcake appetizers were wonderful too, as was the Caesar salad. The dinners I had there were definitely worth the charge.

Also had a wonderful healthy jambalaya in the dining room, with sausage, peppers, rice, etc. It was delicious. Flourless chocolate cake in the dining room was wonderful too.

In the mornings, the freshly made waffles from the waffle bar were heavenly!!! Don't miss them if you cruise NCL!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Last Mango,

Where did you try the cheesecake that you mentioned? Main dining room, buffet or a specialty restaurant?

Thanks for the suggestion :p

Sorry, just saw this. The chocolate marscapone cheesecake was at Tango's, the Latin specialty restaurant on the Jewel. That was the best thing I had all week, and I *still* talk about that dessert when anyone mentions cheesecake.

My BH and I are confirmed Princess cruisers (17 +) but we decided to try NCL Jewel on a repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Miami later this month.

Does anyone have a link to the various NCL ship menus?

Also does anyone know which nights are the "special" nights (Captain's dinner, formal nights, etc.) on this 15 day cruise.

The "Rabbit" & Chopper

• 3 weeks later...

On NCL Dawn's (2005 Thanksgiving Western Caribbean) buffet one day they had a nice selection of Indian dishes; and when I asked them if they had any "pickle" to go with the Naan, the attendant behind the counter, who was by name and appearance apparently a native of India or Pakistan, looked at me in a surprised way (I'm rather western looking) but actually went into the prep area and found a jar of mango chutney for me. While we had some issues with other dining venues on the Dawn, this was one instance where we gave NCL credit for their effort.

Capncarp,

NCL Dawn 11/2005 Thanksgiving with the Cayman Stingrays cruise.

Archived