Mariner Leaving Port

Ok here is a question for all you mariner experts, where do you think you get the best view leaving ports from other than your own balcony / window ? I've heard some say top most deck and just run back and forth, I can do that , wait i have done that, While fun and good for keeping the weight control going, Where do you list to watch sail away from

The Heli pad on the front of the ship of course

I have to second this....that is where we always go to watch the ship go out of port every time....sometimes can be a little windy...but just a greater feeling the wind going through your hair....just depends on the weather...

Here is a picture of my daughter and I on it....have to look at deck plans to see where it is for sure...but do know you have to go up a set of stairs on the out side to get to it.

I have to kind of disagree a little...

while the helipad is great if all the view is in front of you (such as leaving PC,or pulling in to most ports.) While leaving most ports..The view is behind you a lot of times..Some ports,Nassau, comes to mind..Theres plenty to see from the front.But some not.And keep in mind,sometimes the ship backs in as well.I agree that the Viking Lounge gives the best view,but I like being outside...So sometimes the little landing areas outside the top level of the VL.

So...to me it depends on which port.

And I know you said other than your own balcony...But thats why I love aft cabins. ...So I have options no matter which way we are going...

Whatever..Its all good.

Looking at deck plans I think it is on deck 5...

the viking lounge is nice also more yet if the weather is not nice...

In picture the viking lounge is the top set of windows...

This is also where they usually have the meet and mingle gather.

Ok, what deck is the door on,and is it labeled helipad, or crew only, or does it say nothing ?

Go out to deck 4, ( I think) the outside walkway where the lifeboats are at....walk toward the front of the ship and you will see a rather steep set of stairs, go up those stairs and keep walking towards the front of the ship and there will be the helipad.

Its strange, on our cruise, I don't think most people knew how to get there.

Never saw more than 2 or 3 othere people out there when I was there..

I went up about 5:30 am (whenever you start seeing the shore lights) on the day we pulled into PC...I was the only one there...very cool to be up there in the dark,the Captain on the Bridge above you,pulling in and doing a 180 into its slip...I would recommend that..

I have to second this....that is where we always go to watch the ship go out of port every time....sometimes can be a little windy...but just a greater feeling the wind going through your hair....just depends on the weather...

Ahh mannnn!

And here I thought this was my little secret :(:D

Archived