Waitlist Not Available

Hi Everyone!

I love this board -- it has been so helpful, and fun -- but the upkeep on my house has gone wayyyyy south :)

I have a question about RCI saying that the waitlist for dining is closed. Our cruise on Dec. 16th was a hot deal a few weeks ago, so perhaps it has filled some -- but still. :( We had originally booked for late dining as that worked well for us on our Disney cruise. Now I have read that the kids programs have their activities starting right at late dining time. (We have boys 9 and 13) I know they don't have to eat with us, and perhaps we will choose other dining options during the week, but it really bums me out that they refuse to put us on a waitlist for early seating. I called three times, and was told the waitlist is closed. Anyone have any experience with this? I know I can ask after we board, but a closed waitlist???:confused:

I was on a very full ship and i was able to switch to the early seating. the first night however we had to go to the late seating. I don't think there will be a problem - unless you have a very large group!

Have fun!

Kathy

I have never heard of a closed waitlist, but then again, there's a lot I've never heard of :). It certainly may be possible to work out something when you get onboard. It may also be reopened after the final payment date for your cruise and RCI sees exactly who is going to be on board.

On my Rhapsody cruise last week, I notice that all the Adventure Ocean compasses were available by the Purser's Desk. If you've not got the matter resolved to your satisfaction, you might want to check these out before you go to the see the maitre d' to ask for a change to see if it is, indeed, an issue.

On a couple of cruises, friends of ours decided to join us. The main wait list was closed. But they kept calling every couple weeks and finally got main seating. This happened to us 2 times and both times they ended up with main. It was usually a couple months before the cruise when final payment is do and many people cancel. So I would just keep checking with them and if not see the maitre 'd on the first day.

Donna

Archived