HOw much should I pay for

mary07054

How much should i Pay for my hair to get braided...and where's the best place i can get it done for the cheapest..any ideas? anyone get it done..im going to st.thomas, st.maarten, and princess cays on saturday...help..i dont wanna get ripped off..

When we cruised on Disney to St. Maarten and St. Thomas, we were warned by different people (Disney-affiliated and others) that the folks that braid on the islands are not monitored by the health department, etc. There are quite a few cases of lice that start at the braiding booths. I would probably go with Princess Cays-I would assume they are regulated by Princess. Sanitation is worth the extra.

Laura

I'm sorry, but if I am going to have my hair braided, I'm going to have it done onboard by the salon. I have seen women on the islands chasing women down the street with dirty combs, wanting to braid their hair. I have seen them braid one pesons hair and immediately use the same comb to do the next. Ick. Ick. Ick.:eek:

In case you haven't heard enough about sanitation, I'm with them. Have it done at home or in the salon on the ship.

I do believe that the answer to your original question is about a buck a braid, beads extra. If you are going to do it, shop around. The braiders are everywhere. Just like any other purchase, don't buy the first that you see.

Archived