Drink Coupons - Have you used them?

dadofgage

PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THEY SAVED ME ANY MONEY - BECAUSE I MISSED IT COMPLETELY?

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG.

WE WILL BE GOING ON ANOTHER CRUISE SHORTLY

*** BUT CRUISE INCLUDES OUR BAR TAB ***

WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT DRINK COUPONS.

what were you drinking>?

and what cruise are you doing that will include your bar tab???

The drink prices on the bar menu do NOT include gratuity.

I have seen information too that the new bar menu includes the 15% grat on the prices. Although I find that quite odd since like soda will cost $2.02. I doubt very much that any cruiseline will have a menu looking like that.

I have seen information too that the new bar menu includes the 15% grat on the prices. Although I find that quite odd since like soda will cost $2.02. I doubt very much that any cruiseline will have a menu looking like that.
Well, the prices on the bar menu (at the lobby bar) on the Triumph last month definitely did not include gratuities. Beer was $4.75 on the menu and we were charged that plus the expected 15% gratuity on our receipts. I can't imagine why they would want to advertise a higher price (drink price including gratuity) on the menu anyway. ;)

Not a big drinker here but I did order a drink of the day on my recent Glory eastern cruise. It was a "Bahama Mama". I am not sure if this falls into the 'foo foo' category but I was charged a whopping $6.99 + $1.04 for grat for a total of $7.99!

I am thinking about the drink coupons for my 2008 Freedom cruise but if they don't cover the entire purchase, why bother? I am not really 'saving' money if I am understanding this thread, but simply paying in advance for some of the drink therefore lowering my sail and sign account.

Not a big drinker here but I did order a drink of the day on my recent Glory eastern cruise. It was a "Bahama Mama". I am not sure if this falls into the 'foo foo' category but I was charged a whopping $6.99 + $1.04 for grat for a total of $7.99!

I am thinking about the drink coupons for my 2008 Freedom cruise but if they don't cover the entire purchase, why bother? I am not really 'saving' money if I am understanding this thread, but simply paying in advance for some of the drink therefore lowering my sail and sign account.

what you got was a drink of the day in a sovernier cup. The coupon does not pay for the cup. those drinks without the fancy cup are under 5 bucks.

Buy the souvernier cup the first day and use it for refills during the week. (you get 4 oz more then a regular cup.

Checked on the cabin TV, and four times the charges remained, and one of those was for the multiple drinks of everyone at my table.

To me, this alone is enough reason to not use the coupons. Unfortunately, I have 3 books for my trip. I am hoping Miracle does not use this idiotic process :(

what you got was a drink of the day in a sovernier cup. The coupon does not pay for the cup. those drinks without the fancy cup are under 5 bucks.

Buy the souvernier cup the first day and use it for refills during the week. (you get 4 oz more then a regular cup.

Thanks so much. I guess if thats the case,then the drink coupons would be a savings if the person bought the souviner cup the first day

Once again, it pays to read these boards!

IF you buy a drink that is LESS than the value of the drink with the gratituty then you can use the coupon.

Let's say your coupon is worth $4.50 and you buy a bottle of beer that is $3.00. SO with the 15% gratituty you owe the bar $3.45 you can give them one of your coupons that you paid $4.50 for and ask for your $1.05 in change - OR you can say the heck with it and the bartender gets and extra $1.05 tip. BUT suppose as I did I ordered a drink that was $5.00 with gratituty that came to $5.75. Not knowing any better, I had a coupon that said "drink coupon" so I gave the waiter (in the lounge) the coupon, he took it is good for a drink and he said, "not really, it is only good for the first $4.50 of the drink". I specifically asked him if he had owed me $1.25 if I would have gotten change and he said "most people don't ask for it."

No- you do not get change back if you buy a drink that only costs 3 bucks.

To me, this alone is enough reason to not use the coupons. Unfortunately, I have 3 books for my trip. I am hoping Miracle does not use this idiotic process :(

IF you have to sign for the drink--using the coupon-- Sometimes I did have to sign--most times I didnt.

I printed my name and added the coupon number next to my name. I have not had charges on my account by using the coupon

Archived