Transportation from IAH to Galveston Port

We will be having family coming in to IAH from different areas. They are asking me for suggested transportation from IAH to the Port of Galveston? Does anyone have suggestions, they do not want to be cattle hearded on the buses....

We will be having family coming in to IAH from different areas. They are asking me for suggested transportation from IAH to the Port of Galveston? Does anyone have suggestions, they do not want to be cattle hearded on the buses....

If you don't want a bus then hire a cab or a limo.

Someone down on gulf port thread said they know of a $29 shuttle, not sure which one.

Here is another you can have your TA book. They will come and just pick up your family I believe.

http://www.ezcruiseconnection.com/home.php

There are other stretch limos and so forth that can be booked. I drive to Galveston from Dallas, so havent used any transportation from the Houston area.

PS the $59 shown is for a shuttle round trip from Houston, it doesnt say how much to pick up from the airport, you will have to call or get your TA to call.

A lot of people rent a car one way. There is a drop off on Sundays where you drop your keys into a box. I think its Enterprise that doesnt actually charge the one way drop off fee.

We took the cruiseline transfers just 4 weeks ago on RCI. They did a very good job, no herding ;)! We just waited until the arriving flights were in, about 20 minutes, they put us on the bus and off we went. It was a very comfortable and nice ride. On our next one, we will be doing our own transfers from Hobby to Galveston, so I will be interested to hear your experience!

Someone down on gulf port thread said they know of a $29 shuttle, not sure which one.

Here is another you can have your TA book. They will come and just pick up your family I believe.

http://www.ezcruiseconnection.com/home.php

There are other stretch limos and so forth that can be booked. I drive to Galveston from Dallas, so havent used any transportation from the Houston area.

PS the $59 shown is for a shuttle round trip from Houston, it doesnt say how much to pick up from the airport, you will have to call or get your TA to call.

A lot of people rent a car one way. There is a drop off on Sundays where you drop your keys into a box. I think its Enterprise that doesnt actually charge the one way drop off fee.

We rented a car one way from Enterprise since we wanted to explore the area pre and post cruise. Enterprise does charge a drop off fee. I think it's now up to $60.00. Renting the car at the airport and driving down to Galveston was very easy to do. Coming back was just as easy.

There was a car rental place that was not charging the one way fee, just cant remember which one, since it did not impact me. sorry.

I have a soft spot for Galveston because a group of us used to go down there a couple of times a year when I was in my 20s and rent beach houses, the ones up on stilts for the weekend and eat shrimp to our hearts' content and sit on the beach with our drinks later. Loved that place. I saw Galveston when I started cruising and could hardly recognize the place. Funny how memories change things.

We rented a car at IAH and parked in Galveston. The car was $185 for the 8 days we had it (Alamo), and the cruise terminal parking is free for disabled veterans, which applies to my husband. It was cheaper for us this way than anything else we could find, since there were four of us. We flew in the day before, so we appreciated having the car to get to the hotel, dinner, etc.

Archived