Dining Room Seating

hokalier

We have just booked a cruise on the Miracle for November. I requested a table for 8 and was told they couldn't guarantee a table that size. We may have to sit at 2 tables near each other.

I have cruised on other ships and this didn't appear to be a problem. Does Carnival usually seat people at smaller tables vs. larger tables? Do they have tables for 8?

There are 5 adults and 3 children in our group, so the children won't be there most nights anyway, so I am wondering if I should request 2 tables (1 for 2 and 1 for 6) so that the adults can all sit together on the nights the children don't eat with us.

Thank you!:o

Miracle 11/23/07

Caribbean Princess 2/06

Constellation 1/04

Century 1/03

Carnival has tables for 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 - and sometimes squeeze in one or two more at the larger tables...too tight. What an odd thing for your agent to say. I would think, this far in advance, they can find a table for your entire group. You need to make sure she put that request in for you.:)

We have just booked a cruise on the Miracle for November. I requested a table for 8 and was told they couldn't guarantee a table that size.

Welcome to Cruise Critic, the best way to ensure you have a large table for all of your family and friend is to make sure you have all of your booking numbers linked together.

On the Miracle that have tables for 14 even.

Fred

I was just going to say, make sure you're all linked and when you get on board and find that you're not together, I'm sure if you talk to the maitre'd they could pull some strings for you.

The Maitre'd can pull strings but you have to be the first ones in line at the Dining room to get this going. So to the OP, check all Sail & Sign cards to make sure they all have the same Table Number on them, if not then head down to the Dining room immediately after boarding and wait in line.

Fred

I was just going to say, make sure you're all linked and when you get on board and find that you're not together, I'm sure if you talk to the maitre'd they could pull some strings for you.

As long as it's not the idiot Maitre'd we had on the Valor!

3 cabins, all booked by us, we were assigned to different tables?

I'm not talking 1 cabin had a table & another cabin had a different table.

I was booked in the same cabin as my DH but i had a different table, my DB & His GF were booked in the same cabin, she had a different table.

Directly on the ship we went to the Maitre'd , he said he could not do anything about it, i asked if we could but 2 extra chairs at the table, NO.

So GF sat at table with stangers and & sat at table with strangers.

My DH and i only ate in the dining room on Formal nights so DB & GF could sit together.

This is a very rare happening, don't think it will happen to you.

He wouldn't let us into the dining room at 3:30 in the afternoon on the first day to try & switch the tables around, he said he would not talk to us until we changed out of our shorts because they weren't allowed to wear them in the dining room at any time.

Can we say "crazy control freak"

OP--odds are, you will get the table for 8 that you asked for, just like everyone else said, make sure the cabins are linked and make sure the request has been put in.

Thanks for letting me vent:)

I was booked in the same cabin as my DH but i had a different table, my DB & His GF were booked in the same cabin, she had a different table.

Directly on the ship we went to the Maitre'd , he said he could not do anything about it, i asked if we could but 2 extra chairs at the table, NO.

My DH and i only ate in the dining room on Formal nights so DB & GF could sit together.

He wouldn't let us into the dining room at 3:30 in the afternoon on the first day to try & switch the tables around, he said he would not talk to us until we changed out of our shorts because they weren't allowed to wear them in the dining room at any time.

OP--odds are, you will get the table for 8 that you asked for, just like everyone else said, make sure the cabins are linked and make sure the request has been put in.

:eek: o my god! i hope you did not tip him!!!!!!!

:eek: o my god! i hope you did not tip him!!!!!!!

NO WAY!

went right down to the pursers deck and had them take that portion off the S&S card, we tipped deli, fish N chips and anywhere else we ate in cash.

Also made it very clear on the comment card, how terrible he was.

NO WAY!

went right down to the pursers deck and had them take that portion off the S&S card, we tipped deli, fish N chips and anywhere else we ate in cash.

Also made it very clear on the comment card, how terrible he was.

Since he doesnt receive anything from the auto tips, not sure what portion they could have removed, unless it was from your waitstaff.

Since he doesnt receive anything from the auto tips, not sure what portion they could have removed, unless it was from your waitstaff.

Yeap, i had the waiters tips taken off and wrote a note on the comment card about the Maitre'd.

Sorry, forgot i Didn't get into the part about the waiter, just wanted to clarify what part was taken off the S&S card.

Have had nothing but great service on all my other cruises, i suppose it had to happen atleast once.

The waiters work very hard. I would not have taken off their tips. Did you eat at the buffet at all? It is the hard working wait staff that helps take care of you there.

That aside, I don't know. Maybe the Mait're d was having a bad day. We were on the Miracle and went to change tables in shorts...no problem. They don't even mind on that first day if you show up at dinner in shorts since many people don't yet have their luggage.

The waiters work very hard. I would not have taken off their tips. Did you eat at the buffet at all? It is the hard working wait staff that helps take care of you there..

The waiter was a different story, he had 2 other tables walk out on dinner and refuse to go back for lack of service.

The first was a family of 4 (i was seated with them but did not know them) and the second was the couple next to us, who had a few choice words for him & the Maitre'd before they walked out.

I only ate in the dining room on formal, it was room service, pizza, sushi & the deli for me the rest of the cruise.

I am not one to complain and usually go with the flow, actually this is the first time i have ever complained about service on any Carnival ship.

The rest of the family members that ate in the dining room for the rest of the week, left the tip on but were not out of the dining room until after 11pm everynight, thats how slow the service was.

Much more to the story but to long.

We have just booked a cruise on the Miracle for November. I requested a table for 8 and was told they couldn't guarantee a table that size. We may have to sit at 2 tables near each other.

I have cruised on other ships and this didn't appear to be a problem. Does Carnival usually seat people at smaller tables vs. larger tables? Do they have tables for 8?

There are 5 adults and 3 children in our group, so the children won't be there most nights anyway, so I am wondering if I should request 2 tables (1 for 2 and 1 for 6) so that the adults can all sit together on the nights the children don't eat with us.

Thank you!:o

Miracle 11/23/07

Caribbean Princess 2/06

Constellation 1/04

Century 1/03

We just returned from the Miracle on May 19th and had a party of 10. We were all seated at the same table & our waiter & his helper were just wonderful. Our group consisted of 8 adults & 2 children. As long as your bookings are all linked together you should be fine. As another poster stated check you sail & sign cards as soon as you get them to make sure they all have the same seating time & table, if not the same get to the Matre'd as soon as possible to fix it.

Thank you all for the great responses!! I am new to this board, but I must say you all are great and I am already hooked!!:)

Kimberley

you will find valuable info just reading..and any questions u may have answered,,and several answers at that. Cruising is the best dollar you can spend for a holiday..divide the price p/p by days sailing,,,all that fo endless dining, travel, entertainment, and the worlds most comfy beds n pillows. tipping extra of course, for all thos fab people makin you cruise so special..just think of it as part of the price..most folks I know tip extra., but everyone has their oen expectations..I say a cruise begind in your mind, and remains in your heart. Bon Voyage Kim and etc..Lucky

The Maitre'd can pull strings but you have to be the first ones in line at the Dining room to get this going. So to the OP, check all Sail & Sign cards to make sure they all have the same Table Number on them, if not then head down to the Dining room immediately after boarding and wait in line.

Fred

Fred- should I wait until we board and go to the dining room to request a table for 4 or is there a way to do it beforehand? Do I do this through th TA? On our first cruise we had to go have our dining time changed (we requested early and got late) and we waited for quite a while.

Fred- should I wait until we board and go to the dining room to request a table for 4 or is there a way to do it beforehand? Do I do this through th TA? On our first cruise we had to go have our dining time changed (we requested early and got late) and we waited for quite a while.

Not sure how many in your party but if its 4 then you will likely get a table for 4. As soon as you get your Sail & Sign card compare and ensure they all say the same table number. If not then you will need to get that changes immediately. Also go into the Dining room and see your table. You do not have to wait inline to go into the dining room, Just tell the rep at the door that you just like to look at your table and they will help you look for it.

If your booking includes all 4 passengers then you will be fine, if there are 2 booking numbers then you need to ensure they are both linked together so you can all be seated together.

Fred

Is it just me or would anyone else here not have let that go? I was wondering to .. can you ask to speak to the captain in extreme cases or would they just tell you no way? either way I'd stay just this side of the line going to brig.

Tom

Archived