Any Gen X or Y Couples Who Cruise?

gomonty

Curious if there are other Gen X or Y couples who love to cruise out there? Looking to make couple friends who could be cruising buddies...

My partner and I love to cruise middle of Gen X here (36 and 37). We just got off the Explorer and there was a couple from Sherman Oaks on the trip too. They have gone on quite a few cruises together.

You have posed an interesting question. I have enjoyed cruising over the last couple of years. Only started in 2004, but have loved them all. Getting ready for my first Carnival cruise in Nov and am a little nervous about it. I have been single on most of my cruises. My bf will join me in Nov. I'm 28 and he's 35. It will be his first cruise. Hopefully he will become a fan like me!

We're both completely addicted to cruising. I think I'm more addicted than he is. I'm 36 and he's 33. We took our first cruise together in April of 2004. We've now cruised together 4 time, and I've cruised 9 times total. I take my 10th in October then we cruise together B2B in December. April 2004 was my 1st cruise and his second. He did a family cruise in 1996.

We're currently living in Albuquerque, NM (the port of Albuquerque oddly enough isn't very popular lol) But we're looking at moving to either San Antonio or Houston by the end of the year.

I've met some of my best friends on cruises (or on cruise critic) and several of us have booked other vacations together. I'll be doing my 5th cruise with one of them in October.

I love cruising. My girlfriend hasn't been on one yet, but I'm hoping I can drag her on one in '08 or '09. She teaches college composition so she can't just take a week off in the middle of the year :/ Alas, it means she's going to miss my next cruise.

I have a feeling she'll like it though. So much relaxation!

My BF and I are 23 and 29, and we are now addicted to cruising! We were on the Explorer with smoosh21 a couple of weeks ago!!!! :D (Shout out to you and the DH....we will see you on Monday for dinner!!!) :cool:

Royal Caribbean was a great line; there were truly people of every age and from all walks of life. I have to say that after being pampered, we would like to try Celebrity!

Bert: I think it's a really good idea to cruise on all the different lines (I think that Princess will be the next one we try) but we LOVED RCL too. We tried HAL and Celebrity after that but found that that HAL wasn't for us and I think Celebrity was having an off week. One of the nice things to discover while trying different lines is what is important to you. We LOVED the food on HAL but likely would not go back because there so nothing to do and the average age was so high (even on a short cruise in the caribbean). We liked Celebrity but found their activity schedule to be light and the entertainment just so-so. Everyone raves about their food and we did not think it exception EXCEPT in the specialty room which was just amazing. Like really amazing.

We like RCL because of the breadth of activities and the quality of the entertainment, in general. We tend to tune out the kids and find they don't het out of control.

Bert: I think it's a really good idea to cruise on all the different lines (I think that Princess will be the next one we try) but we LOVED RCL too. We tried HAL and Celebrity after that but found that that HAL wasn't for us and I think Celebrity was having an off week. One of the nice things to discover while trying different lines is what is important to you. We LOVED the food on HAL but likely would not go back because there so nothing to do and the average age was so high (even on a short cruise in the caribbean). We liked Celebrity but found their activity schedule to be light and the entertainment just so-so. Everyone raves about their food and we did not think it exception EXCEPT in the specialty room which was just amazing. Like really amazing.

We like RCL because of the breadth of activities and the quality of the entertainment, in general. We tend to tune out the kids and find they don't get out of control.

I have enjoyed Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Three of my cruises have been Atlantis cruises, so a little different. I am going on my first cruise on Carnival in November, which is also my bfs first cruise.

Bert - Are you an Atlantan?

I visited Key West once on a cruise, so I'll take your word for it. Grew up not too far from Panama City Beach and was there 3 or 4 times a year growing up. . . but I tend to prefer the Atlantic beaches. You do get hot and humid either place!

Archived