Host Andy (&/or others) - Cruise Critic Connections & Azamara

Trash Queen

Fran,

Thank you for the information. As of now I have a feeling we will have a small turn out (less than 15) so the Cova may work out. I think as we get closer to our sail date we will have to figure out how many might like to come and then decide if the Looking Glass would work out better than Cova. I am sure we are open to either venue. We are so excited to sail on this ship. Everything looks so beautiful and all the reports just keep getting better and better.

Vicki

Hi Vicki !

It sounds like you are on the right track. If you expect a very small turnout (15-20, no higher) Cova should be fine. Any higher, and I would opt for the Looking Glass.

I agree that things are sounding great with Journey right now. I am on the inaugural Quest sailing. I hope things will work out well. We are very excited.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Thanks for the Thread Info on the Connections Parties, or lack there of I might say. I was searching for the Azamara Connections link yesterday for the Quest & at least now I can stop looking. I'm a little disapointed since that would have been my first cruise connection party. Maybe one will surface for the November Quest Sailing. I'll see what happens on the Roll Call side. Happy Sailing.

The Looking Glass Lounge looks like a good place for a CC roll call to get together on the morning of the first sea day. Does anybody have a copy of the ship's daily newsletter so we can determine a time that would not conflict with anything the ship may have scheduled for that lounge on Sunday morning?

I usually stay in the dining room for the 2 formal nights because they are the best dinners. But since Journey doesn't have "formal' nights, how does that work? Suggestion for the best night to try a specialty restaurant?

Also, what kinds of clothes were people wearing? We are on Journey Aug 18.

Thanks.

An interesting and wonderful suggestion was given us by Dominique the Matre D at Aqaulina: Go to a specialty restaurant the first night on board. The Main dining room tends to be a little hectic and disorganized that night and the specialty restaurants tend to be empty. Ask for a table at the rear of the dining room and you will have an incredible view of the sunset over the wake of the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by ocngypz viewpost.gif

The Senior Officers cocktail party was held late mornng.. 1130 I think. Sunday, if memory serves. We did not go

I have posted this question on another thread but I am not sure I will reach the audience I need. My question is for past cruisers. Where, when, what time, and how long was this party? As stated above someone thinks it was Sunday at 11:30AM. I want to confirm that and I would like to hear from someone who attended one and their opinion of how many were in attendance and was it worth it.

The reason I am asking is that several groups that are sailing in the future have picked this time for their M&M including us. As most of you are aware our roll calls are not as active due to the smaller ship. I would hate for us to be unsuccessful because there is a conflict of events. When we might be able to combine them or due an extension afterwards for our smaller more intimate group.

We were on the Journey 8-18 sailing. They held the senior officers cocktail party for the select & elite members at 11am the next day (Sunday) in Aqualina. There weren't too many guests in attendance, but the cruise director (what an Italian cutie), hotel mgr, Capt Club hostess, etc all mixed & mingled. Drinks were champagne, mimosas, bloody marys. I prefer an evening party, but with so many nights in Bermuda, all this "open seating dining" & show times, I guess they figured this was best.

Archived