Best Western Newark Airport - Is it OK?

stlrboo

Best Western Newark Airport has rec'd varying reviews from "I'd rather sleep on a bench in the airport" to "not bad for the money; at least it's clean and convenient", to "Hey, we only sleep there"!:rolleyes:

I'm 'leader' of a CC Group heading out on the EOS in April of 2008. Most of us will be staying two days prior to the cruise, some of us three. Cost is a concern, and the BW certainly is the best price in the area, and offers the Stay & Cruise package, which may come in quite handy.:)

Our other option, in the area, may be the Courtyard by Marriott Newark Liberty Airport! ANY help will certainly be appreciated. :D I also rec'd a really nice bid from the Hilton Newark Penn Station!!

I'm receiving 'bids' from several travel sites, so I need to get a group of rooms booked soon. A few hotels are already 'sold out' for the time frame!:eek:

We hope to be able to use the PATH and Airtrain system to avoid the NYC cab thing and get an airport shuttle with the hotel!

I'm 'leader' of a CC Group heading out on the EOS in April of 2008. Most of us will be staying two days prior to the cruise, some of us three. Cost is a concern, and the BW certainly is the best price in the area, and offers the Stay & Cruise package, which may come in quite handy.:)

!

stlrboo, I've mentioned before from personal experience that the hotel isn't safe and I don't want to beat a dead horse, but let me put it this way, in an area that has the highest ADR (average daily rate) in the country for hotel rooms and in an area where everyone else charges from $20-$50 per day for parking, doesn't it raise any flags that the Best Western is so much less expensive?

Did you check out the Candlewood Suites in Jersey City?

It is so much more pleasant than Newark Airport. Also, if you have any picky travelers, I can guarantee you they will complain about the Best Western.

FWIW, the three Best Westerns in Manhattan are outstanding quality for the price.

I forgot to mention that it will take you close to an hour each way to get to Manhattan if that is your sightseeing destination from any of the Newark Hotels.

The Best Western charges $12 per person to shuttle you to Newark Penn Station or the PATH.

The Best Western charges $12 per person to shuttle you to Newark Penn Station or the PATH.
I was hoping to receive a reply from you. I like your 'sense of humor'..:p Hope you didn't mind the quote..

I actually had looked at the ratings of the hotels and for some reason, the BW Newark was a 3, while Candlewood was 2! Not that I doubt your opinion, as I've heard several other posters suggest the Candlewood..!:)

In your opinion, or anyone else, would the Hilton Newark Penn Station be a viable option in the $170. range? Can't get much closer to the 'Train' system than there.

I've actually had one couple decide not to cruise with us, and one of the reasons was the 'transportation issues' in the area..:eek:

I'm sure I better pick a good hotel.. We are actually 'voting' on hotels, so if we all chose wrong, we ALL go down together..:rolleyes:

Many thanks for your input!!

I just stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott, and I really liked that hotel. Free shuttle to the hotel, then they will bring you back to the airport. Once at the airport, you can take the AirTran to the Train Station. Very easy to do.

Joanne

I just stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott, and I really liked that hotel. Free shuttle to the hotel, then they will bring you back to the airport. Once at the airport, you can take the AirTran to the Train Station. Very easy to do.
Thank goodness! :rolleyes: A positive post on a hotel in Newark or the surrounding area! :D

I tho't I was going to have to cancel the EOS and go with the Carnival Liberty out of FLL! :eek: :p Thank you...:)

I just stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott, and I really liked that hotel.
Was this the Courtyard across from Jersey Gardens Mall (87 Glimcher Way - Newark/Elizabeth), or the one at Rt 1 & 9(Newark/Liberty Airport)..?

Names are so similar, I'm not sure which is which??:eek: :rolleyes:

Archived