Western Caribbean vs. Southern weather

cruise fairy

We've only cruised the Eastern and Western Caribbean....Western weather was the best and the water was the most beautiful so far. Could have to do with the time of year we cruised - Eastern in mid January, Western in mid-March.

We are cruising the Southern Caribbean late Feb. 2008. What can be expect for weather and water (clear, blue, dark blue, mirky....).

Just curious...I'm sure I'm going to love it no matter what. :p

We did B-2-B southern cruises aboard the Crown in February of this year.

Seas were extremely calm. Weather was beautiful after numerous morning showers that ended around 9-10am.

We have sailed western itineraries on both Disney and Princess and, frankly, it's not my favorite. I much prefer eastern and southern. Mexico, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica offer nothing of interest for me.

Lew

We did B-2-B southern cruises aboard the Crown in February of this year.

Seas were extremely calm. Weather was beautiful after numerous morning showers that ended around 9-10am.

Lew

Thanks Lew, thats what I needed to hear. Was it sunny even when it showered, or cloudy and overcast?

The southern is a beautiful part of the Caribbean. Weather and sea state are highly variable. However, during that time of year you should expect calm seas and only the very occasional tropical type shower. Each island varies with weather, as do certain areas of the islands. For example, I can almost guarantee you'll experience an afternoon shower if you stay onboard at St. Lucia. The harbor is surrounded by "mountains" and it showers there every afternoon.

Archived