Why Is The Coffee So Bad?

OK, I'll say it: I do love Fourbucks. Oops, I mean Starbucks. :p

Really, though, I do enjoy Starbucks coffee both made at a store, and at home. I also enjoy other brands. Can't wait to get some Island Joe!

When I moved to Utah in 1994 (where I still am), I wrote Starbucks corporate begging them to put a store here somewhere besides the airport! They said: "Sorry, no." HA! Didn't take them too long to figure out there are loads of rabid coffee addicts (uh, drinkers) right here in SLC alongside the hot caffeine teetotalers of the Utah dominant faith. Enough to open many, many Starbucks outlets that are all busy, almost all day.

Well, I never walked around holding a brand name cup before, so I ran to the local Starbucks and bought a cup of coffee. I stood outside the mall with my cup for all to see. :cool:

I waited and waited to make sure enough people noticed. I left when they started dropping coins into my cup. BAH! (Not cool.... hehehe) ;)

You get enough coins to purchase a short with? No phone numbers?

You get enough coins to purchase a short with? No phone numbers?

Nah...I got 12 pennies and a couple of phone numbers. One number was a shrink's and the other one was Friends of the Homeless. Guess no one was impressed with me. :confused:

Gonzo... try this... now that you have had your cup all day... walk into the Starbucks, approach the counter and tell them that your drink was made wrong... If all goes as it should, you should walk out of there with a free drink... I know they are lacing the beans with nicotine to keep us all addicted to their product;)

Not a bad idea, but as a shareholder I would be eating into the revenues.

Just changed my avatar to a picture of me outside the oldest Starbucks store (at Pike's Market in Seattle).

Those are some sweet benefits you get at your job! I wish I had unlimited free coffee. Working with inmates all I receive is free bologna.

As for the beans laced with nicotine, back in my beer brewing days I once created a chocolate, caffeinated, nicotine ale. Unfortunately I overcarbonated the concoction causing the bottles to explode before they were ready for consumption. Had to send the carpet to rehab though.

If you send me your e-mail address I will forward you a pic of me in my Starbucks speedos. I would post it here but it violates the CC rules.

And probably federal obscenity laws ;)

Just changed my avatar to a picture of me outside the oldest Starbucks store (at Pike's Market in Seattle).

Those are some sweet benefits you get at your job! I wish I had unlimited free coffee. Working with inmates all I receive is free bologna.

As for the beans laced with nicotine, back in my beer brewing days I once created a chocolate, caffeinated, nicotine ale. Unfortunately I overcarbonated the concoction causing the bottles to explode before they were ready for consumption. Had to send the carpet to rehab though.

You are cracking me up! I can't believe you really did all of this... Cool Pic. I was gonna suggest having someone film you with a cell phone, and then upload it to Youtube.

Wow, the Dow Jones was up over 187 points today and yet Starbucks stock was up a measely 3 cents. Amy, you didn't give out that tip about bringing in an empty cup and saying the coffee was made wrong to too many people, did you? ;)

Love the new avatar...very appropriate! :D

DH doesn't work with inamtes, but around them (he installs secutiry systems in prisons, jails, courthouses....) all he gets are recurring nightmares from all the saggy flashing he sees at women's prisons!!

And more importantly, how much $$$ does Starbucks need to buy it?

Can you imagine the global economic ramifications if Starbucks bought Wawa and suddenly you could get you coffee fix AND your gasoline fix at the SAME PLACE?!??!?!? :eek: :eek:

Can you imagine the global economic ramifications if Starbucks bought Wawa and suddenly you could get you coffee fix AND your gasoline fix at the SAME PLACE?!??!?!? :eek: :eek:

Is Wawa a secret too? Come on now lemmee in on this one!:confused: :confused: :confused:

We're going to be charter members of the 20,000 club if this thread maintains this pace!

Well, I am getting ready to head out. Off to Starbucks for a shorty and then the gym. Have a great evening everyone.

Is Wawa a secret too? Come on now lemmee in on this one!:confused: :confused: :confused:

It's a gas station. Check it out...love their sandwiches!! If you have Sheetz gas stations, its along the same lines...

http://www.wawa.com/

They're in Delaware, Penn., Jersey, Virginia, and Maryland

Dang -- we have no wawa and no Dunkin' Donuts. :(

Don't have either where we live now either dizzle!!! No starbucks either!!! Just Sheetz and a great little coffee place (that is actually a wine shop) called The Vintner's Cellar...

Archived