Why Is The Coffee So Bad?

Last May on the Empress, I bought a cup of decaf at Seattle's Best that tasted like hot water. I had to dump half of it & filled the cup with the Windjammer coffee to get any taste.

Christie, I agree about Wawa coffee, I get a 16 oz every morning going to work.

Other than the Seattle's Best (I'd hate to try Seattle's Worst), the worst coffee I had on a ship was on the USS Oliver Hazard Perry. Navy coffee real bad (just think - lowest bidder!). Anything better than Navy coffee is OK with me.

Nope, it's the real deal, and very good! LOVE the Cafe Promenade!

You don't know how happy that makes me! I thought the coffee was really good on EXP's promenade last cruise, but now that I know it's the real stuff...DD & SIL will REALLY enjoy our next cruise. They do love coffee and LOTS of it!!! It would have gotten real $$$ paying for it constantly for 9 days! Thanx!:) :) :) :)

Now being a Canadian and both an addicted cruiser & coffee drinker I would vote for an on board Tim Horton's.

I am not a fan of Starbucks. Much prefer Tim Hortons. My family laughs about the fact that my car cannot pass a Tim Hortons without proceeding thru the drive thru for a fresh cup of java.

You don't know how happy that makes me! I thought the coffee was really good on EXP's promenade last cruise, but now that I know it's the real stuff...DD & SIL will REALLY enjoy our next cruise. They do love coffee and LOTS of it!!! It would have gotten real $$$ paying for it constantly for 9 days! Thanx!:) :) :) :)

My pleasure for passing on ever-so-important coffee information! :D

Now being a Canadian and both an addicted cruiser & coffee drinker I would vote for an on board Tim Horton's.

quote]

Wish we could try Tim Horton's. I don't think we have it in Jersey.

We visited Nova Scotia a few years ago and saw Tim Hortons everywhere! We finally stopped and we were so excited to try it out. I was a little disappointed, it was just kind of a fast food place, like many of the fast food places here in the states. I seem to remember you could get sandwiches and soup there. It was really busy and real clean, that's about all I remember about it. Perhaps I didn't try the coffee :) , I honestly don't remember.

Good morning everyone. Everybody get their morning java yet? I have some Starbucks brewing in my coworkers office; can't wait for that first sip!

Well, gotta go see if it is ready. Unfortunately the janitor threw out (or maybe stole) by Starbucks cup from yesterday, so guess I'll have to go with my mug today. Not sure if it will win me any phone numbers, but we shall see.

Sorry to be a little off topic, but need the answer from some devout coffee drinkers. If any of you have been to Jamaica before...do they sell the unroasted green coffee beans in Jamaica and if so, where can I buy them? My friend loves coffee, but likes to roast as needed. Thanks!

I think that most of the cruise lines make coffee using a syrup instead of brewing it,sort of like a fountain drink were the syrup and liquid are mixed at the nozzle. This results in a cup of varying tastes, if one is lucky , maybe coffee.This is done I am told as a cost saving feature. It works for me ,I don't drink it.:D Bill

RCCL doesn't use syrup they use real coffee Seattle's Best is the brand.

Tj

GdMornCoffeePour.gif

Oops, it's no longer morning, but you get the drift! ;)

You have no idea HOW important that info IS!! The way we four drink coffee we would have had one heck of a tab! This leaves more $$$$ for other things!

It's great that the Cafe Promenade coffee is free. HOWEVER, on Enchantment, you have to pay for even REGULAR coffee at Latittudes! :confused: That I totally didn't understand. Regular coffee you have to pay for? Oh well, whatever. I would just walk to Windjammer to get it.

GdMornCoffeePour.gif

Oops, it's no longer morning, but you get the drift! ;)

It's great that the Cafe Promenade coffee is free. HOWEVER, on Enchantment, you have to pay for even REGULAR coffee at Latittudes! :confused: That I totally didn't understand. Regular coffee you have to pay for? Oh well, whatever. I would just walk to Windjammer to get it.

WHAT????? :confused: I don't GET it!! That's just not right.

Don't forget to pick up one of the wonderful pastries/cakes/goodies at Lattitudes which come "free" with your purchased coffee/tea. Originally I thought you had to pay for these desserts but eventually asked the staff.

:D

Can't wait to head over to Starbucks on my way to my golf lesson after work. If traffic isn't too bad, I should be able to stand outside of Starbucks for at least 15 minutes!

I'll be sure to bring my cup with me to my golf lesson.

Archived