Just Back From The Rhapsody: Images Link

http://travel.webshots.com/album/559412757RskfTB

Great trip, good food, great entertainment, really funny cruise director.

We used a fan to keep one of our cabins (8035) cool at night. Nothing changed the entire cruise for repairs.

The gripes: a few, see the mildew and peeling paint in our showers, hot theatre in the balcony, no pool prior to sailaway, slow dining room service at main seating, worn tables and chairs poolside even afer the refurb.

And a chuckle... the cruise director (Eric) invited all to the non-denominational church service that he was to lead. The orchestra played Toby Keith's song "Let's Get Drunk And Be Somebody" for his intro every night! :confused:

We will miss the Rhapsody and Splendour in Galveston. They teamed up to provide many great family vacations all within a 30 minute drive from home.

Happy Cruising!

blusry, enjoyed your photos!

I was on your cruise, too.

I saw your picture #201 of "Howie, the boozeman" out by the pool. Quite a character!

Eric was/is a great cruise director. He could easily do stand-up.

The highlight for me was "Los Pampas Gauchos". Incredible!

Our experience was just the opposite, kept room freezing cold.

Dinner service was awesome. Not one complaint. Even on the nights we ordered more than one ap, entre, or desert. As we finished a plate, it was being removed & replaced with another.

Our Head Waiter was Enrico, he was great, very attentive. Our waiter was Virgilio, assistant was Oliver.

If you want great service, see them, we were at table 101.

I really had no complaints but our cabin stewart, even though he was good, he was never around to be seen. I actually ended up leaving his tip envelope on the desk since I didn't see him the night before departure or in the am when we were departing. I like seeing the attedants. I wish we had Jacob, he was our friends attendent. I talked to him more than Kenroy.

Thanks for the great photos! Progreso looks very pretty.

Was the beach as nice as the photo's show? Where did you

go in Progreso.

We currently have an excursion booked, but might cancel and just hang out a the beach. So if you get a chance let me know what and where that beach is?

thanks!:)

Looks like Bong and JR were working the pool bar. Those guys are great. Bong worked the VC bar when we were on in May and I called him babycakes instead of Bong.

In Progreso, it looks like you went to Corona Beach Club?

There is a beach there that looked nice and it is in the middle of everything so you can have something to eat and drink, hang on the beach and then you are right there where the shopping is. They will even serve you on the beach.

Wow....... on our Cruise on the Rhapsody (May 27, 2007) one nite I asked for a 2nd Entree.......my Water told me I could only have one :mad:

Both Cruises I had on Carnival..... I was encouraged to try different Entree's.

We were Kinda Dis-appointed with the Table staff :cool:

We are going on Rhapsdy in Sept and I was shocked at your shower pictures!! Did you let anyone know how bad they were? And did you get any response? We really loved your photos and thank you for sharing them. I agree you should forward the pics to RCCL

Thanks Karen~

Wow....... on our Cruise on the Rhapsody (May 27, 2007) one nite I asked for a 2nd Entree.......my Water told me I could only have one :mad:

Both Cruises I had on Carnival..... I was encouraged to try different Entree's.

We were Kinda Dis-appointed with the Table staff :cool:

Did you have early or late seating? I know sometimes on early they dont like to give more than one, especially on popular dinner nights, so they will have enough for late seating. Not sure if this was the case or not.

I know on our cruise May 6 one gal at our table had several of every course, including more than one entree. I have never had them say you could only have one except on the Voyager, but then he said they had to wait for everyone to be served then they could go back and get another one but could not bring 2 at one time.

I had a great experience on this particular cruise.

Our dining staff was fantastic. We had a large table of eleven at the second seating and all of our requests were met with a smile...in fact our waitress brought out extra food just in case someone wanted to try or was still hungry. One night they had banana creme brule'. I was disappointed it was banana because it's my favorite dessert but I'm allergic to bananas. Our waitress told the head waiter who came to me to me that night to say he went to speak to the head chef. He told her the situation and asked if she could make mine without bananas. I didn't even ask! Now that's special treatment. Not only did I get plain creme brule' but our whole table did as well. So they got double desserts that night. They gave us all the extras to take back to our rooms. The head chef came out that night to ask if I liked the dessert. It was great.

We were also on the 8th deck and our room was always cold...sometimes too cold. The shows were the best I've had on Rhapsody or any ship I've been on. We had no problems with the air conditioning in any of the areas of the ship.

The cruise director, Eric, was the best...funny!

Having 11 people in our group it's sometimes hard to please everyone...but no one in our group had any complaints. The only disappointment we had was the windy day that made the boat rock a little and caused us not to stop in Costa Maya. We made the best of it and was glad to get to go back to Cozumel.

We will greatly miss Rhadsody. I hope Royal Caribbean sends her back to us sometime in the future...but if they don't then I hope the one they do send will be just as nice.

Sharon

Archived