No 3 berth cabins on QV?

lexxity

Just perusing some itineraries for next summer on the QV, I notice that no grades are selling a third person. Is this right? I am going to be seriously annoyed if this is the case as I wanted to try her out and some of her itineraries sound just lovely.

Cunard have made a really big mistake if this is the case. We are a family of three and are not going to splash out for two cabins.

Does this imply that not only the Grills but also the main restaurant is too small?

We learned earlier that although there are P and Q grade cabins which accomodate three passengers, the third berths are not sold due to the low number of seats in the Grills.

Or is it a general decision only to accept bookings by couples - prohibitve fares for singles, no accomodation for families or parties of three?

CARLMM

If you are correct in this they can keep her.:mad: I will be going on one of her more affordable Spirit Class or Vista Class cousins in that case.

I am willing to pay higher per day for QE2 ( cool classic ) or QM2 (unique in her own way) but not for this tarted up knock off.

I think that it is sort of hateful not to have 3 or 4 berth cabins. Do they have a kids area? If they do not, I m really not going to go on her. I know that this may be a draw for some people :rolleyes: .

Tom in Long Beach

Deck 10 has both the Zone and the Play Zone, and in addition has outdoor areas for children to play. (Just under the Grill deck :mad: )

Children are not allowed to be in a cabin without an adult, and most children have two parents.

So putting two and two together we find that there must surely be triples.

Now then, if you turn to the deck plans, you will find a number of such cabins. Some with upper berths, and some with a sofabed.

There was an issue raised earlier about Grill accomodation. However my understanding is that the Queens' Grill in the Queen Victoria will have a higher degree of flexibility with the ability to change table sizes - by virtue of their not being fixed to the deck.

You will recall that the issue regarding the Grill accomodation was resolved satisfactorily.

Matthew

According to the QV fares on the Cunard website, triple cabins are restricted MOSTLY to D1-D8 which are all insides.

Quote: "Third and fourth person fares shown are applicable to categories D1-D8. Contact Cunard for additional third and fourth person fares by sailing."

Bob.

There are triples available in all accommodations.

Which date are you considering.

I pulled availability for August 12. 08. Some categories were sold out.. but there were plenty of triples....... the third berth, is a sofa bed.

I was looking at Land of the Vikings in June, no 3rd person fares in any category, what a bloody pain it will be to have to either have only the option of D (no thanks) or having to call and see what if anything there is. Also very annoying is the fact there are no balcony 3 berths. Not very well thought through is it Cunard?

Also very annoying is the fact there are no balcony 3 berths. Not very well thought through is it Cunard?

Nonsense, with the greatest of respect.

There are all the Grill cabins - which all have balconies.

Babette says that there are Britannia balcony cabins, and whilst I can't see them on the deck plan, I'm sure she's right.

Matthew

Perhaps it is just like QE2 and QM2. They give you the 3rd person fare for the lowest on the fare list but you have to call to find out what it is for the other cabins.

Sorry I just realized someone already aready said this.

The Queen Vic has a new champion!

Who'da thunk it!

KenC should be with us at this hour......;)

Peter

Roma

Wondered where you'd gone off to! Thought you were missing all those Martinis too much.

Talking of which, I missed Paul at JFK. The Club House (Virgin Upper Class lounge, for those lucky enough to have missed it) isn't quite the Commodore Club. If I'd known we would spend three hours waiting on the taxiway, I'd have had several more, even so.

Now who said I was the Queen Victoria Champion? ;) Merely seeking the truth as always!! :D

Matthew

Land of the Vikings, June 10, 08.

Triple occupancy is available in A6 through to A1. Also Grills. Also C3.

Triples in inside cabins are closed.

Now if perhaps you are being given a rate for an A7 balcony guarantee... that rate would only be available on a double occupancy basis.. because it's a guarantee.

If I'd known we would spend three hours waiting on the taxiway, I'd have had several more

So they hadn't fixed that by Monday - on Sunday night we were two hours on the taxiway - added to which we had a strong headwind - so it was a loooooooong flight.....wonder whats up? I know JFK had problems like this in the past, but I thought they were in the past......back to earth with a bump indeed!

Peter

So they hadn't fixed that by Monday - on Sunday night we were two hours on the taxiway - added to which we had a strong headwind - so it was a loooooooong flight.....wonder whats up? I know JFK had problems like this in the past, but I thought they were in the past......back to earth with a bump indeed!

Peter

I believe I read in the paper that there was a computer glitch that got compounded as they switched to servers in other parts of the country. As they cut over to other servers, that caused them to be overloaded, and it had a cascading effect. Of course anything that causes a problem anywhere in the US air Traffic Control system simply cascades. For instance, the flight you are supposed to go out on in New York is stuck in Chicago due to weather, now the people in Chicago can't get where they are going, the people in New York who are supposed ot get on the plane can't and the pilots reach their hours limit, so now new pilot has to be called in from somewhere (Which may or may not be close. A friend of mine filies out of Chicago for Northewest. He lives in Enfield CT. He has to GET to Chicago! Many Atlanta based crew live in Florida and take flights to their starting point!

As I remember all three NYC area airports were heavily affected.

Here's a brief on it.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007591553

Apparently the original failure was in Atlanta (IIRC, the main Delta Hub) All flight plans had to be manually filed. Not a fun prospect having done it before. Nothign like sitting on the ground at a pay phone waiting for the FSS to pick up and activate your flight plane- Of course, beofre you can activate it, they have to enter it! one mistake can cause havoc!

Karie,

who rarely filed flight plans when pleasure flying. they aren't necessary, and are time consuming.

Peter

Interesting - we were told it was bad weather and that there needed to be a new flight plan.

News management?

It was so bad they switched the films on, and I saw almost the whole of Borat before we took off.

Matthew

Kindly chap are you paying for my grill cabin? IT's a little bit out of our price range right now.

Why is Cuanrd.com showing third person available, but not .co.uk?

Ok, now it is showing. Gremlins in the works perchance? Jolly good. Back to perusing! .

WRT to Sunday coming out of the US, the weather was shocking. I met our Chicago flight deck when they got back and they said "for the first time in history there were headwinds against them!" Also LGA were having terrible problems, so all in all it wasn't a day to be flying out of the US.

Interesting - we were told it was bad weather and that there needed to be a new flight plan.

News management?

It was so bad they switched the films on, and I saw almost the whole of Borat before we took off.

Matthew

Forced watching of Borat.

Isn't this against the Geneva Convention? Must be one of those new laws allowing such things in the interests of national security.

So sorry.

Karie,

who has not (and will not) seen Borat.

Forced watching of Borat.

Isn't this against the Geneva Convention? Must be one of those new laws allowing such things in the interests of national security.

So sorry.

Karie,

who has not (and will not) seen Borat.

How can you make a judgement without having seen it?

Matthew

Matthew

Of course you are right, Matthew. But from what I have read and heard, I don't think it would be my taste. I do not like anything that has fun at other's expense, or seeks to makes fools of peoples. Maybe it hits too close to home.

At first I thought I might want to see it. But the more I heard and read, including first hand reports, the more I thought this is not my cuppa tea!

I could be wrong of course. I've been wrong before, and will likely be so again. But I got the feeling it panders to the lowest common denominator.

Karie,

who likes to at least maintain the aura of dececy!

Of course you are right, Matthew. But from what I have read and heard, I don't think it would be my taste. I do not like anything that has fun at other's expense, or seeks to makes fools of peoples. Maybe it hits too close to home.

At first I thought I might want to see it. But the more I heard and read, including first hand reports, the more I thought this is not my cuppa tea!

I could be wrong of course. I've been wrong before, and will likely be so again. But I got the feeling it panders to the lowest common denominator.

Karie,

who likes to at least maintain the aura of dececy!

I see where you're coming from, although it does have some very funny moments.

But I'd not look out to see it again.

Matthew

Matthew

Perhaps the same way many on this board (you having somewhat vindicated yourself by your open mindedness on QM2) make judgements about other ships, especially QV, without having seen them ????

Ken ;)

Archived