paasangers from Conquest robbed

asburyfamily

I am not saying the cruise lines are entirely responsible for the crime in Ocho Rios and Montego Bay...and these communities are factually the worst crime areas for cruise passengers in the Caribbean....what I am saying is that we are all adults...we pay good money for these cruises...so give us the facts...the truth about the places you are taking us and let us make up our own minds whether or not we are safe getting off the ship! The cruise lines...all of them, not just Carnival...are going to have to put the safety of their passengers ahead of their bottom lines!

I would go further and say the cruise lines are not even remotely responsible for the crime in Ocho Rios and Montego Bay. But I agree that they should present a truthful presentation of risks involved...

Most of the children and many of the adults are going to require substanial counselling for a long time to recover from the terror of that day. It will cost...at the least...hundreds of thousands of dollars when it is all over with.

Tom

Hundreds of thousands of dollars for 17 people to get counseling? Sounds like a pretty extreme estimate to me. I'm sure that some will put it behind them, while others will struggle with it for years. It certainly could be traumatic, I will agree with you on that.

I was here last week. I think the wise thing to do is go to a private beach where there are guards. When you rome around or go somewhere where there is no protection you are probably not as safe. Unfortunatly Jamaica has gotten a bad reputation so we need to be more cautious, also we need to remember we are in another country.

This could happen anywhere, and it does. It makes me sad that because of an incident like this, once again, the Jamaican people will suffer.

Jamaica is my home away from home. The majority of the people are the kindest, most outgoing people I have ever met. I have been to Jamaica 5 times in the last few years. I will be stopping in OR on a cruise next month and I, just this afternoon, booked my next AI trip for December.

Now, granted, I always stay at all inlcusives and I always do organized excursions but I have never, ever, been afraid of anyone I met anywhere in Jamaica. That is not to say that I have never been offered drugs or been harassed by a very pushy vendor but I have never felt like I was in any danger.

I am very sorry that these people had to go through what I am sure was, to say the least, a very scary ordeal. But I hope the good Jamaican people don't suffer because of a few bad ones.

Hope I don't offend anyone with my defense of Jamaica and her beautiful people. I hope that there are even some people that will agree with me.

Your home away from home when you stay in all inclusive & do organized excursions,do you really think you know these people ? Please don't be so naive :rolleyes: !

Archived