Anyone book on the June 15 RCI Super Sale Friday?

A bunch of us from work just came back from a 3 day Memorial Day cruise and were discussing that it should be an annual thing. Well I saw the posting on the boards and told everyone at work.

Booked my room on Monarch of the Seas for next Memorial Day weekend. Couldn't pass up the deal. Only $100 (for two) to reserve plus OBC plus got a better room. For a three day cruise, it's a good deal.

Me, too, Havana.

I did it, then recanted. I am happy with "regular" benefits. And my TA got me some good ones for booking with him.

All in all, an UNNECESSARILY exciting day.

(and to think, I could be taking an afternoon nap!) ;)

:D

Boy Howdy....I am glad I was not the only one!

I should have known better, but......

Glad I came to my senses...I am MUCH happier and when coupons come out, I can save some more.

All told, we are very pleased to have a glass bordered wraparound for Vision on a canal crossing.

But, that is a ways down the road....now...can I remember how to do the tickers??????:rolleyes:

Almost booked but NO.

The last email from my TA regarding our booking options:

Hi there,

I just talked to Rccl for the third time today. Have to make sure they are telling me the right stuff. And yes everything you said in this email is correct. Also, she did verify that if you are C & A platinum or Diamond or whatever, this sale is NOT to your advantage. You get better pricing and OBC and price reductions by making a regular booking. Thank you for doing my homework.

LOL

So, I guess we will just hang in there and wait. Let me know when you are ready. (to book)

Have a nice weekend.

Marcia (my TA)

Almost booked but NO.

The last email from my TA regarding our booking options:

Hi there,

I just talked to Rccl for the third time today. Have to make sure they are telling me the right stuff. And yes everything you said in this email is correct. Also, she did verify that if you are C & A platinum or Diamond or whatever, this sale is NOT to your advantage. You get better pricing and OBC and price reductions by making a regular booking. Thank you for doing my homework.

LOL

So, I guess we will just hang in there and wait. Let me know when you are ready. (to book)

Have a nice weekend.

Marcia (my TA)

So basically this is RCI trying to get first time cruisers to book or those with no past guest benefits.

I booked the March 22, 2008 sailing on Serenade of the Seas. It will be just my daughter (17) and me. We went last June on the Navigator and had a blast. We couldn't pass up the ship board credits.

My family booked two cruises with the Loyalty Ambassador aboard the Enchantment of the Seas after we left Key West headed for Cozumel.

Grandeur of the Seas 10/30/08 (11-day Repositioning cruise) from Baltimore to Tampa with stops in Charleston, SC and Cartagena, Columbia among others.

Independence of the Seas 12/20/08 with a Western Caribbean itinerary.

I'll be on the IOS, but the GOS cruise is during the school year and I do not miss class for any reason whatsoever. And furthermore, football trumps everything. I'm not missing any games for a cruise or anything.

The GOS cruise returns on my 21st birthday do my parents may not go on the cruise if they cannot find a way to get from Tampa to State College, PA that day.

The Independence one was spur of the moment, because my parents want to do something special for my birthday. I'm totally not interested going to Las Vegas (which was the 21st gifts for my two older cousins), and I love cruising so a cruise is the most logical choice. My family isn't particularly wild about the ports of call for the Indy cruise but it fits the timeframe for my X-mas vacation and is before a (hopefully) New Years or (REALLY hopefully) later bowl game for Penn State. Plus, the 7-day cruise not only celebrates my b-day (belatedly), but also my grandmother's 80th and my cousin's (on the day it returns). So we've got a tri-fecta. We may (actually, leaning towards "yes") change the cruise to another with a more favorable (for us) itinerary, but we just wanted to take advantage of the sale when we could.

They raised the prices earlier today on the Explorer by guess what, about $100PP which effectively wipes out the OBC. Anyone who booked earlier got a better deal and choice of cabins.

My TA said it was pretty sleazy of RCCL to do this and we agree.

We won't be booking with them at the present time.

The same exact thing happened to us........In fact we gave the TA our credit card info on Thursday so she could book Friday... We even received our cabin number ...We were very upset when the cruise went up $100.00 PP thereby negating the "sale".Our TA was very upset too

My husband wrote a letter to the Better Business Bureau & Attorney General.

We just booked a Sept 08 Mariner western cruise for DH and I. I'm so excited because we have only cruised once with RCI and didn't have any special benefits but when I saw this special it was definitely the "sign" I needed to book our next cruise with them...$100 OBC, only 1/2 of the regular deposit due right now, and a TA perk of pre-paid gratuities.

I'm not sure why other people with C&A benefits are griping about this sale...they already get deals!!! If RCI gave all the benefits available under the sun then they would be broke and none of us would have their wonderful ships to enjoy!

I'm thrilled with the deal we got. :D I just wish others who have better deals based on their RCI loyalty would stop complaining already!!!!:mad:

When you are on your 42nd cruise of which we sailed 8 times with RCL--you can mention your version of loyalty.....My version of Loyalty is not trying to scam people.......by giving shipboard credits of $100.00 and then raising the prices $100.00 on a cruise..

Glad you are"thrilled"....What is that saying ignornance is bliss?/

Did anyone take advantage of the June 15 Super Sale.... for RCI?

I booked the 08/09 New Year's cruise on the Voyager ! :)

Then you have answered your own question. Did ANYONE take advantage? Yes, YOU took advantage.

Otherwise, no. Nobody booked during the sale. (Wise*ss answer, again).

C'mon, like nobody else had the same reaction when they saw the thread title? Just havin' some fun, hope OP can take a joke.

I took advantage of this sale too! I have always wanted to sail the Panama Canal but wanted to do the full transit. So I booked Serenade of the Seas for a 13 day cruise in Oct of 2008. My husband and I will be celebrating our 30 year anniversary and I will be turning the big 50! Now, if I can survive the waiting before it is actually time to go on this fantastic cruise! Oh, I got the $200 shipboard credit, prepaid tipping, and 1/2 off the deposit fee! Seemed like a good deal to me!

Archived