? Newport-News swim suits ?

Has anyone ever bought swim suits through Newport-News?? They have a bunch on clearance right now for great prices, but I wanted to ask here for opinions first. How was the quality? Do they run pretty true to size? Any help is appreciated.

Yes! and thanks for the heads up on the sale. I just ordered one of them. the first jeweled one piece which they are showing in pomagranite. I have that in turquoise and I've had that one for 3 years and it still looks great in fit and color. Yikes, over the past 10 years I've bought at least 2 a year from Newport News. The sizing is true (at least in the swimsuits) and so is the quality, although I'll say that I haven't found the same to be true of other items which I have sent back. I'd endorse giving them a try.

I just bought a swimsuit from Newport News -- a really cute halter bikini. Judging from that one experience, NN does run true to size, and the quality is pretty good. Certainly much better than I'd feared for a $17 bikini!

Thanks for the advice about this website. I'd never heard of it before. I usually buy a new suit from Land's End every other year as they have a great selection of flattering styles, but they are pricey. I was concerned about the quality of Newport News but glad to hear that everyone likes.

I bought a swim dress (black, with white embroidery at hem) for our cruise in May. The quality is very high, and it launders very well. I will definitely buy from them again. And yes, the sizes run true.

Hi, I have 3 swimsuits from NN. I bought 2 BYOB last year and I love them! Not thrilled with the colors/patterns this year or I'd buy more. One note: I did purchase a bikini from them that was faulty (the fault was with the manufacturer so every replacement they sent me had the same problem) it took a lot of time and headaches but their customer service for the most part was very good and I loved the one I got when I gave up on the other!

Kerrie:)

Thanks for all of the opinions. I'm so excited now to get the two I ordered. I was just going to wait until the end of summer and hope to find some good clearance prices, but I couldn't pass these up. I'm glad that some others found things they liked, too. Thanks again.

Has anyone ever bought swim suits through Newport-News?? They have a bunch on clearance right now for great prices, but I wanted to ask here for opinions first. How was the quality? Do they run pretty true to size? Any help is appreciated.

I brought a tankini and I like it. It fits really well.

OK, I've given up on Newport News. I have so far ordered 3 swimsuits and only have 1. I first ordered 2 suits a couple weeks ago. Never got a confirmation email or anything. When the package showed up, there was only one suit and the invoice said the other had been cancelled (of course it was the one I liked better.) I received a code for free shipping on my next order so I figured that I would look again and see if there were other suits I liked. I found another suit that I really liked and it was the same price as the one that was cancelled. So I ordered that on Friday. I got a confirmation email today saying that the suit had been cancelled. I've never had this problem with any other website. I don't understand how they show things are available on their website, but when it comes down to it it's not. I've placed my last order at Newsport News.

CateW - I have that same turquoise jeweled swimsuit and I love it.

I bought it last year for a trip to Florida. I want to order another one. That way I'd have one for tanning at home - washing it often, and one for vacations. I missed the one day sale but I'll keep watching my emails for another sale.

Archived