Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Thanks, I tried that....but it does not give me a time. :(

Guess I will just book the 1:00 pm flight to be on the safe side.

Thanks, I tried that....but it does not give me a time. :(

Guess I will just book the 1:00 pm flight to be on the safe side.

I'm surprised that nothing comes up as I tried for our August 19 cruise on Jewel and got all the information. Maybe it has something to do with the port of Seward where you will be embarking at.

We are sailing in May on Radiance to Alaska and our flight home from Vancouver is 1:48PM. So you should be good with a 1PM flight.

Gina, did you notice if they moved the coffee/tea/lemonade station that used to be where the Boardwalk Dog House is currently located to the Park Cafe Area?

Radiance was late leaving Vancouver yesterday. Was supposed to sail out at 4:30 but didn't leave until after 7. Someone on the April 2012 Hawaii cruise to Vancouve went down to watch her sail away and heard the Captain say that they were waiting for 29 guests to arrive.

Gina, did you notice if they moved the coffee/tea/lemonade station that used to be where the Boardwalk Dog House is currently located to the Park Cafe Area?

Radiance was late leaving Vancouver yesterday. Was supposed to sail out at 4:30 but didn't leave until after 7. Someone on the April 2012 Hawaii cruise to Vancouve went down to watch her sail away and heard the Captain say that they were waiting for 29 guests to arrive.

Sorry. I didn't notice where the drink stations were - not exactly. I did see a drink station just to the right as we walked in the doghouse from the hall between the stairs and the WJ. Whether or not there was coffee there, I don't know.

I did take a picture of the Park Cafe with my camera. When I see them on my computer I may bs able to see if there is a drink station. But if it's on the other side of the solarium, I wouldn't have noticed.

My coffee focus was on deck 13. I miss the CL being on deck 10 for the convenient coffee.

I had mentioned to DH that we should have stuck around Vancouver to watch sail away. Now, with what you just said, I'm glad we didn't wait. The 29 must have booked air with RCI, wouldn't you think so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really looking forward to my next aboard time on the Radiance myself. Won't be until

8/10/12, however... :(

I am about to book my Alaska flights early for that trip, but had a question on the south bound trip. As to when we disembark in Vancouver, I have a choice of booking a 12:00 noon flight or one at 1:00 PM. Is noon too early? Or will we be sitting around for hours taking the 1:00 flight?

Thanks in advance for your advice! :)

I think you will be okay with a noon flight as you are off the ship by about 8 AM just take a taxi the airport is not that far from the cruise ship:cool:;)

Sorry. I didn't notice where the drink stations were - not exactly. I did see a drink station just to the right as we walked in the doghouse from the hall between the stairs and the WJ. Whether or not there was coffee there, I don't know.

I did take a picture of the Park Cafe with my camera. When I see them on my computer I may bs able to see if there is a drink station. But if it's on the other side of the solarium, I wouldn't have noticed.

My coffee focus was on deck 13. I miss the CL being on deck 10 for the convenient coffee.

I had mentioned to DH that we should have stuck around Vancouver to watch sail away. Now, with what you just said, I'm glad we didn't wait. The 29 must have booked air with RCI, wouldn't you think so?

Yes I would think they were Air w/ RC passengers. Gosh the next 5 days are sea days!! They would of missed half the cruise!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm surprised that nothing comes up as I tried for our August 19 cruise on Jewel and got all the information. Maybe it has something to do with the port of Seward where you will be embarking at.

We are sailing in May on Radiance to Alaska and our flight home from Vancouver is 1:48PM. So you should be good with a 1PM flight.

Thanks Patti! :)

Yeah, when I typed in the information, it said departure time not available. Oh well.

Better safe than sorry I guess. ;)

This came from someone who just disembarked Radiance Frequent cruisers thoughts about Radiance renovation

"In the Solarium area is the new Park Café, they have a killer roast beef sandwich among other sandwiches and fresh salads made to order. And a first for any RCCL ship we have been on, potato chips in bags".

Thanks, Patti! Have a great cruise! :D

The chips were convenient and a nice addition. We gave a few waiters and some others a lesson in chips. They need to get used to calling them crisps in Australia. A woman the next day wanted her chips....they were listed on the menu, she thought that meant French fries are available daily since that is what chips are to them. I can see a bit of confusion coming at first.

Gina, we actually call them chips here in Australia too! I think they are called crisps in the UK.

The kids pool info. You must be over the stated height. It says one person at a time. I think that means to wait and not go right away or you may run into someone. 2 at a time can really go since they give directions fir an adult to go with a child. So yes, adults can use the slide.

a6cd8eaf-d2e4-492e.jpg

a6cd8eaf-d2ff-3113.jpg

a6cd8eaf-d31b-83b1.jpg

Thanks Gina for the pool information, much appreciated! Thanks too for all the info and photos you have been posting! Would love to read a review if you write one :)

Is the '$25 bag of laundry special' still offered on the Radiance (or whatever the special is during the cruise)? I just wanted to give a heads up to those who could take advantage of that, I believe it's posted in the Compass at some point. :)

As far as I am aware, yes it is. It really isn't posted in the Daily Compass. They often just leave the bag on the bed the night prior to when the special is offered. If not, you can just ask your Cabin Attendant for the bag.

Gina, we actually call them chips here in Australia too! I think they are called crisps in the UK.

Our Aussie friends (natives) from Gold Coast told us they call them crisps. They told us they call bathing suits "togs". Maybe in such a large country it's regional - just like a lot if terms in the states.

Our Aussie friends (natives) from Gold Coast told us they call them crisps. They told us they call bathing suits "togs". Maybe in such a large country it's regional - just like a lot if terms in the states.

Our friends from Melbourne that will be boarding on 10/15 call a sweater a "jumper".

As far as I am aware, yes it is. It really isn't posted in the Daily Compass. They often just leave the bag on the bed the night prior to when the special is offered. If not, you can just ask your Cabin Attendant for the bag.

They have been putting it on the cruise compass now and stating the bag will be left at the nightly turn down service. I've had good stateroom attendants lately who I haven't had to ask for it.

I guess it could change with the new CDs. Don't they get to decide what goes in the compass?

Archived