Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

After all the research you have done about your upcoming cruise and all the questions that we answered for you (sometimes more than once ;) )

I really don't know why you had to say that.

I have fibromyalgia (severe) and sometimes my memory fails me, but I really didn't think I was asking the same things over and over.

I wasn't the one who asked a question that was just answered on the previous page like others on here (but no one said anything to them) ... but anyway, I apologize for being a nuisance :(

Just an FYI for those that might be interested in dining at any of the Specialty Restaurants. We have some very good friends that just returned from 2 weeks on Radiance. I received an email from them yesterday and thought I would pass this along.............

".......they have a deal onboard that is not well advertised: a ‘dining package’. It gives you 4 specialty restaurants for $70 (Samba, Chop, Gio, Izumi). Normal $95. Any nights of your choice. Izumi is “up to $20”, you pay the overage".

"You can sign up for the Dining Package at the MTD desk, or in any of the 4 restaurants. On our second week, they got a little more organized and had a greeter outside the Windjammer with a sign-up tablet. Word of caution: when you inquire at any of the 4 restaurants, you get a lot of head scratching and deer-in-the-headlight gazes. But, eventually, they will find someone trained to do it. Once you are in the system, there were zero problems with billing after dinner. The restaurants are under-utilized, so they are trying to fill them. Food was excellent in the specialty places. But, the Windjammer is slipping. Dog house and Park Café are as good as the Allure".

That is good information, thank you very much. Hopefully they will still have this in April 2012 when we are in Hawaii:D

I really don't know why you had to say that.

I have fibromyalgia (severe) and sometimes my memory fails me' date=' but I really didn't think I was asking the same things over and over.

I wasn't the one who asked a question that was just answered on the previous page like others on here (but no one said anything to them) ... but anyway, I apologize for being a nuisance :([/quote']

OMG, I was just yanking your chain. Especially when I put a ";)" in the quote. You were never a nuisance and we were so glad to be able to help you. That's the problem with message boards, the written word sometimes is taken the wrong way.

OMG, I was just yanking your chain. Especially when I put a ";)" in the quote. You were never a nuisance and we were so glad to be able to help you. That's the problem with message boards, the written word sometimes is taken the wrong way.

Don't worry, sweetie. You have always been a huge help to me and many others who have benefited from your taking the time to respond to our questions.

Looking forward to my next cruise on "our ship"....sigh...but just so far away yet. :(

Really excited about the new Diamond lounge! :D

I was extremely happy to have RCI call with the great news that my favorite cabin was now available (I was on a "wait list" for 9256). :D Someday I may spring for 1100, but with the 2 grand savings...I can book a lot of shore excursions. ;)

Don't worry, sweetie. You have always been a huge help to me and many others who have benefited from your taking the time to respond to our questions.

Looking forward to my next cruise on "our ship"....sigh...but just so far away yet. :(

Really excited about the new Diamond lounge! :D

I was extremely happy to have RCI call with the great news that my favorite cabin was now available (I was on a "wait list" for 9256). :D Someday I may spring for 1100, but with the 2 grand savings...I can book a lot of shore excursions. ;)

Thanks. I guess she just took it the wrong way which was never my intent.

So glad to hear that you are now in the "prime real estate" area!

We are getting ready to leave for our 3 cruises on Radiance. I will make sure to take lots of notes!:)

Thanks. I guess she just took it the wrong way which was never my intent.

So glad to hear that you are now in the "prime real estate" area!

We are getting ready to leave for our 3 cruises on Radiance. I will make sure to take lots of notes!:)

You are most welcome. I think the rest of us knew the "tounge in cheek" tone you meant! ;)

3 cruises! Wow, I just checked your schedule...double (no...triple!) Wow! That sounds wonderful! :)

Hope to do the "down under" cruises myself someday.

Hope you have a fantabulous set of cruises!! Smooth sailing and sunny days to you. :D

Patti, rather than posting this on your roll call - why does no one want JS 1602 on your Vancouver - Hawaii segment? I was checking current availability for fun and saw it's the only JS available. I'm shocked, since there are so many that love the aft and big balconies.

Gina

Patti, rather than posting this on your roll call - why does no one want JS 1602 on your Vancouver - Hawaii segment? I was checking current availability for fun and saw it's the only JS available. I'm shocked, since there are so many that love the aft and big balconies.

Gina

We are not on the Vancouver to Hawaii portion. We are boarding the ship in Honolulu. But, you're right, that is prime real estate.

We are not on the Vancouver to Hawaii portion. We are boarding the ship in Honolulu. But, you're right, that is prime real estate.

OH, I thought you were getting on the day we got off. Were you previously and canceled? Or do I have an active imagination? Could be both! :D

I've seen better on some sailings when 1100 is the only JS available. :eek:

Gina

OH, I thought you were getting on the day we got off. Were you previously and canceled? Or do I have an active imagination? Could be both! :D

I've seen better on some sailings when 1100 is the only JS available. :eek:

Gina

No, we were never booked from Vancouver to Hawaii as we are not big fans of the islands. Been there, done that 3 times so that's enough for us.

Since traveling to Australia from Cleveland can be anywhere from 24 to 26 total hours of travel time we said that if we ever did Australia again, we would break up our travel in Honolulu, so this itinerary worked out perfectly. We are staying 2 days prior to boarding in Honolulu and then flying back from SYD and spending 2 day post before heading home.

Hello,

I posted this on the Sept 2011 Hawaii bound Radiance cruise but I figured I would try here as well since it is about Radiance.

We plan to use some of the specialty restaurants on our Hawaii Radiance cruise next year. But how do you know which night to book those restaurants? Do you have visability a head of time to what will be served in the MDR and pick a day you don't really care for what is being served? I have looked on Cruise Critic but I have not found an 11 or 10 day menu listed anywhere.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.:)

Bill

Hello,

I posted this on the Sept 2011 Hawaii bound Radiance cruise but I figured I would try here as well since it is about Radiance.

We plan to use some of the specialty restaurants on our Hawaii Radiance cruise next year. But how do you know which night to book those restaurants? Do you have visability a head of time to what will be served in the MDR and pick a day you don't really care for what is being served? I have looked on Cruise Critic but I have not found an 11 or 10 day menu listed anywhere.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.:)

Bill

Hi Bill, I was thinking the same thing! We do enjoy the main dining room and would like to try the specialty restaurants, but don't want to book the specialty restaurants on a night there is something we were really wanting to try in the main dining room.

On our previous cruises, in the afternoon they usually display the evening's menu on the board ourside the main dining room. So an option could be to check the menu in the afternoon, and if preferring to dine at the specialty restaurants, try and organize a reservation for that evening.

Although not sure how popular the specialty restaurants are, or if same day reservations are available.

Another option could be to try a specialty restaurant for lunch on a sea day.

Can anyone who has been on Radiance and been to the new specialty restaurants confirm if bookings do need to be made in advance, if the specialty restaurants are full every evening, and what are the chances of availability for same day reservations? Are all the specialty restaurants available for lunch and dinner reservations?

Thanks for your help! :)

Hi Bill, I was thinking the same thing! We do enjoy the main dining room and would like to try the specialty restaurants, but don't want to book the specialty restaurants on a night there is something we were really wanting to try in the main dining room.

On our previous cruises, in the afternoon they usually display the evening's menu on the board ourside the main dining room. So an option could be to check the menu in the afternoon, and if preferring to dine at the specialty restaurants, try and organize a reservation for that evening.

Although not sure how popular the specialty restaurants are, or if same day reservations are available.

Another option could be to try a specialty restaurant for lunch on a sea day.

Can anyone who has been on Radiance and dined at the new specialty restaurants confirm if bookings do need to be made in advance, if the specialty restaurants are full every evening, and what are the chances of availability for same day reservations? Are all the specialty restaurants available for lunch and dinner reservations?

We will board on Friday. We plan to try some of the specialty restaurants but have no reservations. I'll let you know what we find. We're thinking Giovanni's for lunch, and maybe Izumi but definitely Samba Grill. I'm not sure about Rita's. It's hard to do it all in a week when we like going to MTD.

Gina

We will board on Friday. We plan to try some of the specialty restaurants but have no reservations. I'll let you know what we find. We're thinking Giovanni's for lunch, and maybe Izumi but definitely Samba Grill. I'm not sure about Rita's. It's hard to do it all in a week when we like going to MTD.

Gina

It would be great if you could let us know how you go with the specialty restaurants!

Have a fantastic cruise Gina! :)

Can anyone who has been on Radiance and been to the new specialty restaurants confirm if bookings do need to be made in advance, if the specialty restaurants are full every evening, and what are the chances of availability for same day reservations? Are all the specialty restaurants available for lunch and dinner reservations?

Thanks for your help! :)

That was what I was wondering as well. If I can't find out till that day what the menu will be in the MDR, how difficult will it be to get a reservation for a decent time that evening? I looked around for a 10 day menu online as that would help to plan but couldn't find one. Guess I will just need to be flexible. I tend to overplan anyway :o I need to let go a little.

Bill

It would be great if you could let us know how you go with the specialty restaurants!

Have a fantastic cruise Gina! :)

The dumbest thing I'm looking forward to - checking my email on my iphone in my room in the morning without having to walk to the centrum to do it. I can just get it over with and forget it. Not that using the internet is important. But I do like to weed out the junk mail before I get home.

I wish I could try all the restaurants but I'm afraid there won't be time. I think I'll rule Chops out this time. :)

I feel like I don't want Sushi on the ship since we can get that anywhere but I heard who the manager is and since she is such a sweet lady, I feel like I should go just because.

Gina

The dumbest thing I'm looking forward to - checking my email on my iphone in my room in the morning without having to walk to the centrum to do it. I can just get it over with and forget it. Not that using the internet is important. But I do like to weed out the junk mail before I get home.

I wish I could try all the restaurants but I'm afraid there won't be time. I think I'll rule Chops out this time. :)

I feel like I don't want Sushi on the ship since we can get that anywhere but I heard who the manager is and since she is such a sweet lady, I feel like I should go just because.

Gina

Did I miss something? The cabins have wifi????:confused::eek:

Dean

Did I miss something? The cabins have wifi????:confused::eek:

Dean

Yes they do! The entire ship has wifi now. Well, I don't know about the dining room. I'll take my phone and see. :)

When we were on RD for the re-positioning to drydock, the one thing they were doing regularly during that last 5 days was pulling wifi wires down the halls. It seems funny - they need all those wires and cables for wireless internet. But since that's what's needed for the connections to the routers and adapters, they had to get started. There are a lot of rooms to connect. I hope they are working well.

Gina

Yes they do! The entire ship has wifi now. Well, I don't know about the dining room. I'll take my phone and see. :)

When we were on RD for the re-positioning to drydock, the one thing they were doing regularly during that last 5 days was pulling wifi wires down the halls. It seems funny - they need all those wires and cables for wireless internet. But since that's what's needed for the connections to the routers and adapters, they had to get started. There are a lot of rooms to connect. I hope they are working well.

Gina

Gina,

Thanks for the update!! GREAT news!!:D:D:D

Dean:cool::cool:

Archived