Short Crown Review 6/3

scrinchy

We just got home from the Crown on Saturday. Embarkation and debarkation was quick and easy. We were on the ship and having lunch by 12:30 and home Saturday by 10:00 a.m. The ship is really small, but very nice. The crew is excellent. We had more room for our clothes than we needed, and for us that's rare. I wasn't too impressed with the food. If you want lobster or surf and turf you have to do one of the specialty restaurants. If you like the shows plan to get there early as they fill up really fast. They have early bird specials at the specialty restaurants and drink specials at some of the bars. The pool area is tiny. If you like to lay by the pool get there early.

Bermuda was wonderful. I just wish we had more time. We didn't use any of the ships excursions we used the pink buses and did just fine. We went to Fort St Catherine Beach in St. George. We were going to snorkle at Tobacco Bay, but the beach was way too crowded. The beach at Fort St Catherine is nice and they have chair rentals and a bar and snack bar. They did have the dine ashore program. We had heard the weren't doing that anymore, but the vouchers were in our room when we arrived. We didn't use ours, but the couple we were with did. They had lunch in St. George and didn't have to pay a thing. You can also upgrade them to dinner for an extra $5.00. They are worth $25.00 for lunch or $50.00 for dinner.

The weather was kind of cloudy the morning we docked in Hamilton, so we took the bus to the caves. You can do this easily on your own and it costs much less than the ships excursion. After the cave tour we went back to the ship and spent some time by the pool. After dinner we went to the street festival and did some shopping. Bermuda has a very relaxed atmosphere and you can leave the ship at night and feel safe. The following day we took the bus to Horseshoe Bay Beach. It is the most beautiful beach I have been to and the sand is a very pretty pink.

This is the last year for the Crown and I am really sorry because it is such a comfortable ship. I just hope they replace her and don't leave the Philly area all together. Any questions, just ask.

Julie U

Sea Princess 1999

Celebrity Horizon 2001

Hal Rotterdam 2004

RCCL Grandeur of the Seas May 2005

NCL DAWN MARCH 2006

Philly Cruisers Meet and Mingle Here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44364&page=76

I was on the Crown for 14 days in South America. I found her to be a charming ship and thoroughly enjoyed my time on her despite some storm damage to our penthouse. I thought the food was very good, but food is so subjective. As long as I don't have to prepare it, cook it, serve it or clean up after it I love it. (grin)

She's a lovely ship. Sorry to see her go.

Archived