Problems With Iberia

I am flying round trip from Dublin to Barcelona for my RCI cruise in 2 weeks on Iberia Air. Since booking the flight in January, I have had both my departing and return flights changed 10 times. It has been a very frustrating ordeal so far. Is this a common problem with Iberia? I have heard they are having some major management problems, which of course I only found out after I booked the flight. You would think with all of the business they probably receive from travelers flying into cruise they would have their act together.

Iberia gets close to universally poor reviews. I certainly avoid them-- they are usually the cheapest way to get from the U.S. to Europe, but I still avoid them.

I am not at all surprised that they are driving you crazy.

Paul

RPD,

I am taking a flight from the U.S. to Barcelona for an RCI cruise too in a couple weeks. Brilliance of the Seas actually. Iberia has done the exact same thing to my flights. Very annoying, especially after I had confirmed seats. However, the next closest fare was double in price.

The changes seem to be minor in change, and the times still compatible. Does anyone have experience with this airline? Has anyone actually had a flight cancelled on them before? That would be rather devastating for me should it happen.

Don't be surprised that when you get to the airport the seats that you had been previously "assigned" are not the ones you get. They are well known for that.

I avoid Iberia like the plague. Sometimes when I have no other alternative, I take it for flights between Spain and other parts of Europe or within Spain, but those are shorter.

It´s a regular airline, not worse than most american airlines, and many European ones. Don´t expect a nice service but one of the best safety ranks in the world. Much better than for example American Airlines, which I always avoid. Iberia is not that cheap.

Staff are indolent but flights usually depart in time. Cabin service is decent.

Archived