Does anybody know the bed measurements?

My parents are staying in a Junior Suite on the Navigator and my mother is allergic to the starch that they use on the bed sheets so she has to take her own. Could anybody tell me if they know the measurements of a twin (not a double) bed in a Junior Suite so that she can bring fitted sheets? I know that this is probably quite an unusual request. Even Royal Carribean help desk didn't know the answer!

A normal twin if put together with another twin is the same size as a king bed. But the ones on the ships only go together to a Queen bed. I would just bring a regular twin (which will probably be big) and tuck it under real good and maybe bring some big safety pins or something to fold over any extra and secure it with the pin.

I know that being 6'2, the beds are a couple of inches longer than me. They are two supermodels on either side of me wide. Hope that helps

That's hysterical!!!

The beds that combine to a queen definitely seemed narrower than a standard twin to me - and I was stunned to discover that the sheets they were using were too short as well! There was about 2 inches of exposed mattress pad at my feet!

These were the "old" beds before The Great Bedding Change. Hopefully the new ones are better (and the sheets are the right size!)

I know that being 6'2, the beds are a couple of inches longer than me. They are two supermodels on either side of me wide. Hope that helps

How come my stateroom never comes with two supermodels? Guess I need to wait until I am a Diamond member.

A normal twin if put together with another twin is the same size as a king bed. But the ones on the ships only go together to a Queen bed. I would just bring a regular twin (which will probably be big) and tuck it under real good and maybe bring some big safety pins or something to fold over any extra and secure it with the pin.

That might be quite a good idea. I'll tell her to give it a try. Thanks

I'm not interested in supermodels, but for future reference... what kind of accommodations do I need to order in order to get a couple of Chippendales instead? confused3.gif

I'm not interested in supermodels, but for future reference... what kind of accommodations do I need to order in order to get a couple of Chippendales instead? confused3.gif

I don't think Royal Carribs allows people to bring pet dogs on board.

I don't think Royal Carribs allows people to bring pet dogs on board.

I can just see it now! Chipmunks Gone Wild-- RCI edition!!!! :D

Bring your Starbucks cup aboard...perhaps the Guest Relations staff will recognize your status and slip you a few supermodels under the door...they'll fit, you know! :D

My parents are staying in a Junior Suite on the Navigator and my mother is allergic to the starch that they use on the bed sheets so she has to take her own. Could anybody tell me if they know the measurements of a twin (not a double) bed in a Junior Suite so that she can bring fitted sheets? I know that this is probably quite an unusual request. Even Royal Carribean help desk didn't know the answer!

When I first looked at the title of this thread, I said to myself..."Why would anyone need to know the measurement of the beds?", and I ignored it for quite some time. Glad I clicked on this to see that it was for a perfectedly rational reason. I would suggest that you use a larger sized flat sheet (at least a queen) so that you can tuck it under really deep and it should stay because you probably won't be able to find a fitted sheet that really fits. And be certain to tell the cabin steward not to remove it when he changes the bedding in the room. Happy Cruising :D . Hope all goes well with your parents!

When I first looked at the title of this thread' date=' I said to myself..."Why would anyone need to know the measurement of the beds?", and I ignored it for quite some time. Glad I clicked on this to see that it was for a perfectedly rational reason. I would suggest that you use a larger sized flat sheet (at least a queen) so that you can tuck it under really deep and it should stay because you probably won't be able to find a fitted sheet that really fits. And be certain to tell the cabin steward not to remove it when he changes the bedding in the room. Happy Cruising :D . Hope all goes well with your parents![/color']

Many thanks for that! I think an unfitted sheet might be a good solution. I'm wondering if my mother's allergy is unusual and whether anyone else has had a problem with starchy sheets?

Many thanks for that! I think an unfitted sheet might be a good solution. I'm wondering if my mother's allergy is unusual and whether anyone else has had a problem with starchy sheets?

Haven't yet encountered anyboyd allergic to the starchy sheets. One time I did sneeze a lot the first night but I think it was becuase the previous room tenant had snuck her Chippendale or Chihuahua into the cabin; I am a little allergic to dog dander.

... what kind of accommodations do I need to order in order to get a couple of Chippendales instead? confused3.gif

Granny J, are you going on the chippendales cruise in September? I understand there will be 9 dancers on the ship for the private performance and party. Look forward to seeing you on board.

You MAY want to bring a colored or patterned sheet instead of white. So that your sheet doesn't accidently get removed by the cabin steward. Also a colored pillow case.

My DD is allergic to detergents (most normal kinds). When she was very little we had to bring sheets everywhere. Even a towel or something if she sat in a chair that had material (not leather or plastic) - like movie theater, train, etc. She would break out in a rash on her arms and legs. She is getting a little better now - hopefully growing out of it. But we find now, as long as she has long sleeved shirts and long pants for pajamas, she is probably ok.

Maggie

I am allergic to most laundry detergents out there and only buy "free" products...but for some reason RCCL bedding has not had any affect on me in 5 cruises. I usually do bring at least 1 queen or king sheet with me when I travel and I fold it in half and climb in between...I just pull back the covers put my sheet down and if I need to I use their blanket on top...oh and I wear long night gowns or pajamas!

Granny J, are you going on the chippendales cruise in September? I understand there will be 9 dancers on the ship for the private performance and party. Look forward to seeing you on board.

No, unfortunately. :( My first cruise isn't until February. *sigh*

Archived