Sunny Liston's Tours

cot427

I am thinking about taking Sunny Liston's Tour. I am taking it with 12 people. I am thinking about taking it at 10a.m. so that I get 2 hours of shopping, then the tour, and a beach. I haven't really got a clue as to what beach I should go to. I am seriously thinking about going to Magen's Bay because it is ranked so high. Sapphire might be nice to. I think Coki is out of the running.

Please tell me your thoughts about his tour. Also, how are his buses? Are the tour guides good?

Just got back from the Miracle and took Sunny's tour. Absolutely wonderful. He is great. Very infomative, funny and nice. We just loved his tour. We went to Sapphire Beach which is just beautiful. You can rent snorkle equipment there and there are also bathrooms, showers and a snack bar. Megans Bay is beautiful also but there are no rentals and there is a fee to get in.

You will not go wrong with Sunny. He is just so much fun. If we ever go back to St. Thomas, we will definitely take his tour again.:D

Cot427, I am using Sonny next week. We leave for our cruise this Saturday. Check back with me and I will give you all the skinny. I have read posts after posts after posts and have only read awesome things about Sunny and his drivers. Sunny is going to be out of town when we are there next week but one of his drivers is picking us up at the port. We are doing a 3 hour shopping, tour of the island and then probably to Magen's as well.

Talk to you in a few weeks!!!!

We went with a group on Sunny's tour last year. He was fantastic! I arranged the tour and he was always prompt in responding to my many e-mails. After the tour portion he took everyone to where they wanted to go/ Many went to do more shopping, some went back to the ship and we went to Sapphire Beach! We loved it there. That is where Sunny prefers to take people. It is a good all around beach. Great for snorkeling, where Megan's is not. At any rate, you can't go wrong with Sunny!:D

We did Sunny's tour from our 6/3/07 Valor cruise. We met at 10:00, and we had chosen Sapphire because we were going parasailing from there too. Sunny is just the best. He has an open-aire type bus (think tram or cable car, with a roof and open sides) that seats about 20-25 people.

We had Sunny himself for our tour, and I'm so glad...he makes the tour so fun with his crazy music. He also has great pride in the island.

We did Sunny's tour from our 6/3/07 Valor cruise. We met at 10:00, and we had chosen Sapphire because we were going parasailing from there too. Sunny is just the best. He has an open-aire type bus (think tram or cable car, with a roof and open sides) that seats about 20-25 people.

We had Sunny himself for our tour, and I'm so glad...he makes the tour so fun with his crazy music. He also has great pride in the island.

Wasn't Sunny the best? We had him on our tour also. Loved singing that "Days of the Week" song. :D Unfortunately, it rained most of the day when we were on St. Thomas but we still had a great time anyway thanks to Sunny. :D:D

I did the Sunny Tour last year. I was off the Valor, and despite getting in line early, we were a good 30 minutes late getting to him due to the customs fiasco. The other family with us had some cranky grandparents who were mad. We only had an hour for shopping instead of 2. I thought the tour part was okay - honestly - just not that exciting. We stopped one or two times on the way to the top of the mountain. stayed there about 20 minutes (which was plenty of time). Stopped by Drake's Seat on the way to Sapphire Beach. I don't really remember us getting a choice, but I wanted to go to Sapphire anyway to parasail. Overall, it was probably worth $25pp, but it's a tough call. He did make it fun, though. I enjoyed seeing the views of the island, but it still kind of felt like a glorified cab ride. I really did enjoy it, but it kinda seemed like the actual tour was really only 40 minutes - once you subtract beach time, mountain top time, and shopping time. That's why I say it's kind of just a glorified cab ride.

Wasn't Sunny the best? We had him on our tour also. Loved singing that "Days of the Week" song. :D Unfortunately, it rained most of the day when we were on St. Thomas but we still had a great time anyway thanks to Sunny. :D:D

Yeah he was the best.....ever see that Royal Caribbean commercial where the teenager smiles for a split second....well my teen DD laughed the whole time on Sunny's tour, and is still walking around the house imitating Sunny's hearty laugh. Priceless.

Just got back from the Miracle and took Sunny's tour. Absolutely wonderful. He is great. Very infomative, funny and nice. We just loved his tour. We went to Sapphire Beach which is just beautiful. You can rent snorkle equipment there and there are also bathrooms, showers and a snack bar. Megans Bay is beautiful also but there are no rentals and there is a fee to get in.

You will not go wrong with Sunny. He is just so much fun. If we ever go back to St. Thomas, we will definitely take his tour again.:D

When you say showers do you mean the type to just rinse the salt water off, or a shower facility similar to a gym ?

I asked this in a different place but no one knows the answer. If something comes up (hurricane, illness) do you get a refund from Sonny?

Linda

If I'm not mistaken you pay the day of, not in advance.

If I'm not mistaken you pay the day of, not in advance.

I am booked with Sonny for our Sept cruise. I book back in Jan. Last month I received a pay pal link to pay now. So I am all paid up. I too have thought about the what if's. I am sure Sonny will refund the money.

Linda

I have to agree with ozgirl96. While I felt Sunny's tour was worth the $25 I paid, it wasn't that spectacular.

We opted for the two hours of shopping also, but it ended up being more like and hour and a half instead. Wish we had longer to shop. Just keep in mind when it says "two hour of shopping" that it might be a lot less. If you want to shop I would recommend the 3 hour option.

Sapphire beach was beautiful and a good choice. I didn't get back to the ship (Crown Bay) until after 5 PM after dropping people off at Havensight first. And the all aboard was at 5:30 so that was cutting it closer than I would have liked. I did enjoy the tour, it just wasn't as spectacular as I was led to believe. I felt I did get my moneys worth.

I never thought about the hurricane situation. I'm glad I read something about it, and he will refund your money. I heard somebody talking about Crown Bay and Havensight. Does anybody know where the Freedom of the Seas docks in St. Thomas? I know that the past 2 crusies on RCI that went to St. Thomas docked in Havensight.

We are planning to use Sunny for our next cruise in April 2008.

Reading other postings about either Coki or Sapphire, there seems to be some division of what is the best beach.

We want to parasail which I believe can be done at both. BUT for those in our group who do not, which beach is best for other things to do, ie, jetski, swim, snorkle, etc. Also we are always HUNGRY. Which beach has the best to order burgers, sandwiches, libation etc.:D Would be looking for shady areas and beach chairs and psssibly umbrellas too.

Any advice would be welcome.:)

Reading other postings about either Coki or Sapphire, there seems to be some division of what is the best beach.

We want to parasail which I believe can be done at both. BUT for those in our group who do not, which beach is best for other things to do, ie, jetski, swim, snorkle, etc. Also we are always HUNGRY. Which beach has the best to order burgers, sandwiches, libation etc.:D Would be looking for shady areas and beach chairs and psssibly umbrellas too.

Sapphire beach has great snorkling. You can even rent equipment there. They also have a snackbar but I don't know what type of food they have because we didn't buy anything. Ohh and you can also rent lounge chairs at $7 per hour I think it was. I don't know about umbrellas though.

I've booked with Sunny Liston - but I notice our stop in St Thomas is from 7.00am to 3.00pm (off the Crown Princess). His timings seem to assume sailing departure of around 5.00 or 5.30pm. Has anyone off the Crown taken the tour and if so, does it leave earlier (although shopping at 8am sounds a bit impractical) or does it cut short the Sapphire beach visit?

My two daughters want to parasail but I am not a beach person. Is there anything I can do other than sit in the sand at Sapphire Beach? Is there shopping or other things to do? I am considering Sonny Liston Tours but really besides the parasailing the three of us want to spend the time shopping..Any advice appreciated! Would taking a taxi make more sense than the tour?

Archived