NEW to RCL...looking at booking on the Majesty...

sassy~one

Hi, Debbie! I remember you from our 11/16/2005 cruise on the Maasdam. You got the thread started. I guess you still live on the Outer Banks, so Charleston won't be that bad of a drive. We booked the Majesty for the 12/29 NYE cruise out of Charleston. You will find a lot of reviews of the Majesty in the review section of this board. She is an older ship, but the staff is excellent from what I have read........Happy Cruising..........let us know what sailing you book. Prices are pretty cheap right now...........

If you really mean RCL (as the subject line indicates) you're asking about the Majesty of the Seas and should probably post this question on the Royal Caribbean board. If you mean the Norwegian Majesty you might want to see if Cecilia will change the subject line for you (or maybe start a new thread)

I wish the cruise lines wouldn't copy each others ship names!

Im sorry to say, but this was our least favorite cruise/ship. We live 3 hrs from Charleston and are avid crusiers twice a yr. We are a family of 4 and found it to be very boring. We sailed out in December so the weather was very cold leaving and returning. "Didnt seem like much to pick from on things to do. We were very disappointed to say the least.

If you require a lot of onboard distractions (rockwalls, lots of shops, ice skating, bowling, miniature golf etc.) then do not book the Majesty.

However, if your idea of a great cruise is some quality time to relax and enjoy the open seas on a comfortable ship with a great crew, run, don't walk to your computer or phone and book yourself a week on this terrific little ship! We had a wonderful time! :)

However, if your idea of a great cruise is some quality time to relax and enjoy the open seas on a comfortable ship with a great crew, run, don't walk to your computer or phone and book yourself a week on this terrific little ship! We had a wonderful time! :)

Good..........sounds like what we are looking for...........

It is a great little ship, even if it is somewhat older. We loved it. It was very relaxing and easy to get around, with a fantastic crew. There are some pics and menus in my webshots album. Click the link below in my signature.

Enjoy your cruise. :D

Angel.............Nice pics...........Thanks for uploading the Majesty Menus and papers..........

Thanks, and you're welcome. The menus are a year old, but will give you an idea. Have a great cruise. :D

The Majesty like the Dream and the now gone Sea, is a love/hate thing: very few cruisers come back with a middle of the road view. Of course the rates are good and the port should be a great one for embarkation. As long as you dont' expect lots of glitz you will have a great time. I think almost all cruises now offer a pretty good variety of activities, NCL has a great kids prograam and freesyle dining is perfect for families.

NMnita

I noticed you had an AA cabin. I'm wondering what perks come with the AA and AB cabins. I'm thinking of sailing three people in an AB, if anyone has done it, how crowded was it? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

I noticed you had an AA cabin. I'm wondering what perks come with the AA and AB cabins. I'm thinking of sailing three people in an AB, if anyone has done it, how crowded was it? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

The perks in the AA on the Dawn and the Majesty were a bit different. You will get 3 bottles of liquor (your choice) on both. We didn't have a butler on the Majesty, but we did on the Dawn. The Dawn only allows 2 people in the AA. We've never stayed in an AB.

If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them.

Dawn AA

Cabin Square Footage (571)

Private Balcony (2) Side and forward

Separate Shower (1)

Master Bath plus Guest bathroom

Whirlpool (1)

King Size Bed (1)

CD Library (1)

Digital Video Disc Player (1)

Balcony Square Footage (150)

Televisions, flatscreens (3)

Butler Service

Concierge

Connecting Room (9508)

Dining room area (1)

Livingroom area (1)

Mini Bar (1)

Separate Bedroom (1)

Floor to ceiling sliding glass doors (1)

Oceanview Stateroom

Forward Section

Port Side

Crib (1)

Pier forward

Duvet

Refrigerator (1)

Hair Dryer (1)

Telephone (4) one is a portable you can use shipwide

Safety Deposit Box (2)

Connecting Room (9502)

Sprinklers

Bathtub (1)

Internet access (1)

Computer and Printer (1)

Majesty AA

Cabin Square Footage (374)

Duvet

Hair Dryer (1)

Safety Deposit Box (1)

Television (1)

Telephone (1)

Bathtub (1)

Shower (1)

Bed Extensions (1)

Crib (2)

Convertible Lower Beds (2)

Rollaway Bed (1)

VCR (1)

Stereo/CD Player (1)

Refrigerator (1)

Forward Section

Oceanview Stateroom

Starboard Side

Concierge

Sitting Area

Floor to Ceiling Window (1)

Convertible Single Sofa Bed (1)

CD Library (1)

Pier forward

Sprinklers

You will also get goodies before and after dinner delivered to your room. You'll have reserved seating in the theater if you want it. Soda and water are also free in the AA. You can have meals delivered to you room from any of the restaurants... Just thought of those things... I'm sure I'm forgetting plenty. :D

Thank you. I was wondering if the perks on the Majesty matched the newer ships.

The perks are a bit different, but the AA on the Majesty was great, especially if you haven't been in any of the newer ones. We had been in the AA on the Dawn twice and still loved the Majesty AA.

Archived