First HAL cruise - Zuiderdam 10/23 - questions about HAL

Southall

Does HAL offer onboard discounts for future cruises? Princess has a very good program for doing this.

I just read that on the Zuiderdam you can only order one entree at dinner! Say it ain't so. My wife and I often pass on soup and salad so we can enjoy two entrees if there are things we really want to try. I've made final payment so it's too late to cancel. Even Carnival allows you to order extra...

Do the pools on Zuiderdam have ladders or steps? I can't use the ladders.

We have heard good things about HAL and are looking forward to our cruise.

Waiter on the 8/7 Zuiderdam told us they were limiting to 1 entree per person (first time they did that on this cruise). He didn't like to tell people and didn't tell us till the end that he was hesitant to ask how meal was in case we wanted more. Only thing we ordered two of was dessert. No one at the table wanted more then one entree so was not a problem for us.

Hi Southall

We are also on the Zuiderdam We are doing a back to back on 10/16 &10/23 We have a thread started on Roll call

We were also booked on the Dawn and we canceled because of the engine problems They cut the Private Island and cut time off all the ports so we jumped ship

Deb

The Zuiderdam cruise you are on is only 7 days - therefore no cruise consultant on board. You should get a memo about future cruises and how to contact Seattle via an 800 number provided by the ship that won't cost you anything. You don't get a discount but you will get shipboard credit for the future cruise that you book. The amount depends on the length of the cruise that you book.

The pools have ladders - sorry - no steps.

I, as well as several others at my table ordered two (different) entrees almost every night without any problems or sideways looks. My daughter ordered three desserts one night and finished all. No problem there.

We had a great time. No vibrations in SS room mid-forward of ship. I don't know about the booking question as it was never brought up.

The pool has both steps and a walk in. The edge has a step built in around the edge. Was very easy to get in. As far as the cleanliness - w/a huge number of kids/adults/sunscreen/drinks etc. it was looking pretty ugly.

Archived