Constellation Southern Caribbean Itenerary

Psoque

I was browsing Celebrity website and found that the Itinerary for Constellation for the Southern Caribbean is changing in Fall/Winter/Spring 1995-1996. I wonder if this reflects something about the experiences of the passengers who has taken the current itinerary.

I am taking the April 2, 2005 sailing out of San Juan, which, as far as I know, is still going to Dominican Republic, Barbados, Grenada, Antigua, and St. Thomas. The new itinerary I saw on the website for Fall/Winter/Spring 1995-1996 shows that the ship is still sailing out of San Juan, but visiting other ports, including ones in Aruba and Curacao.

Can anyway comment on their experience, if any, in Aruba and Curacao. I have always wanted to visit Curacao.

Aruba is one of my favourite stops. Lovely shopping and also great excursions - we went on a catamaran round to some great beaches. I am glad more ships are stopping there - after cruising there we tried to get a holiday in Aruba but the flights from the UK were hopeless

Enjoy

Aruba is a flat island that is quite arid and windy, so very different from the "tropical" islands such as Antiqua, Tortola, Domnica, etc. We have been there off three cruises. Convenient docking right next to town, last time we rented a 4-wheel drive and went exploring on our own, driving virtually the entire island.

Curacao is also wonderful. Again, you dock right next to the town which is quaint and very dutch. Oldest synagogue in the western hemisphere is there, a good aquarium, super snorkeling and very friendly folks. Shop for linens and be sure to stop at the local open-air market.

Both places are out of the zone of hurricanes, so one never has to worry about the time of year to be there. The third island of the ABC group is Bonaire, to which I have never been.

Jim

We did a southern itinerary on NCL Dream, that included both ports. We did a shore excursion in Aruba with the off-road jeep experience and had a great time! DH got to drive our jeep and seemed to love it. It is a very arid island, and when we were in Arizona the next year, we thought - "Hey! Aruba!"

I loved Curacao and would love to go back. We did a snorkel excursion in the a.m. and walked all around town after lunch. It is very picturesque, lots of interesting little shops (mixed in with t-shirt shops and Little Switzerlands).

We were looking to do a Western Carib. in 2006, but since we were just on the Connie this past Feb. and loved her, we may have to look at this itinerary!

• 1 month later...

Arubua is warm and usually breezy. Nice beaches. Get a taxi to the beaches a few miles away from the port.

Curacao synagogue is interesting. Unfortunately, they have a lot of petroleum refining, so I didn't see going back to breathe black air for extended periods. They're both nice islands for cruise stops.

Archived