San Juan El Yunque excursion

sailorJo

Has anyone recently off the Crown taken the Princess excursion to El Yunque rainforest? DH and I would like to go but worried about DH being allergic to mosquito bites, even with bug spray. I imagine there would be a lot of them in a forest in hot weather conditons.

Josie,

We did this excursion back in 2000 at the end of our cruise on the Ocean Princess. We don't recall experiencing mosquitos, however, it did rain while we were hiking, so bring your rain ponchos! :)

DavidnSteph

We took this tour April/07 and found it quite enjoyable..only a spattering of rain and no bugs..It was a great way to spend the time from disembarkation to our late afternoon flight..Just take your normal precautions..I'm sure you'll be fine and enjoy this tour..

We did this excursion last week. We did the "drive through" version with only a short 15-20 minute hike through a tiny portion and a few stops. Not one mosquito but hot except for the time we were in the forest (it was shaded there). Parts of it are pretty but not a tour I would do again.

Thank you all for your helpful responses. I feel much better now that I know it isn't as bad as we imagined it to be. Thanks also for the advice about bringing the rain poncho, I wouldn't have thought about it even though...duh!... it is a rain forest!

Archived