Passport Application Update!!

Just wanted to let you all know that RCCL is now accepting passport applications to board the ships!!!

You will have to fill out an affirmation of US Citizenship form before boarding but as long as the passport application is in order you can get on the ship.

Where did you hear this? I will believe it when I see the updated policy on the official passport website or cruise line website.

This is from the RCCL website, so now you can believe it.:p

Passport Passport Requirements

If you are planning travel for 2007 or beyond, please take a minute to review the passport policy below. If you don't already have a valid passport, be sure to avoid the rush and give yourself plenty of time to apply for one. Once you've got a passport in hand, the whole world is yours to explore.

U.S. Citizen Passport Requirement

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) once fully implemented will require all travelers entering or reentering the United States to be in the possession of a valid passport.

Anticipated Implementation

January 23, 2007 - Valid passport required for air travel to / from Canada, Mexico the Caribbean and Bermuda.

June 8, 2007 - The departments of State and Homeland Security relaxed the valid passport rule for air travel to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda provided travelers can show (a) a government-issued photo identification and (b) an official proof of application for a U.S. passport from the U.S. Department of State which can be secured from http:/travel.state.gov. Children under the age of 16 traveling with their parents or legal guardian will be permitted to travel with the child's proof of application.

Note: Travelers who have not applied for a passport should not expect to be accommodated.

The problem is, until you see it in writing .. dont believe it. You can call RCI again and get a different answer. They do not always know what they are talking about. What is printed below is for AIR travel not by SEA.

June 8, 2007 - The departments of State and Homeland Security relaxed the valid passport rule for air travel to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda provided travelers can show (a) a government-issued photo identification and (b) an official proof of application for a U.S. passport from the U.S. Department of State which can be secured from http:/travel.state.gov. Children under the age of 16 traveling with their parents or legal guardian will be permitted to travel with the child's proof of application.

I started a thread about this and in that thread it was pointed out that what is on the RCI website is the same thing on the State Department’s website and it is for AIR TRAVEL.

And what is the Affirmation of US Citizenship form? I could not find it on the website and I used the search tool.

Proof of application not the applications themselves, that is the part that confused me from the original post.

Which you can print off the governments official passport website after you check on the status of your application.

Which you can print off the governments official passport website after you check on the status of your application.

Correct, I knew you can print the proof of application. I read the first post literally

Just wanted to let you all know that RCCL is now accepting passport applications to board the ships!!!

Archived