Need Advise May 08 Cruise

mikensuenfl

I'm glad you enjoyed them! I have to give DH all the credit for the pictures because he took 95% of them and did all the editing and captions.

We had such a wonderful time and hope to sail Alaska again one day. I would love to be back up in the cold weather and out of this heat and humidity!!:D

I feel your pain, especially today. It is very HOT and HUMID here in Illinois. Reminds me of the days when we lived in Pembroke Pines and Orlando. :)

One question for you, noticed that you stayed at the Marriott. Was that the Pinnacle? If so, how long did it take to get to the pier from the hotel. If you took a cab, do you remember how much it cost?

I knew I had recently seen some posts on this. I did a "Search this Forum" for Anchorage Hotels and found this thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=563368&highlight=anchorage+hotels

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=564447&highlight=anchorage+hotels

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=483478

Hope those links work!

I feel your pain, especially today. It is very HOT and HUMID here in Illinois. Reminds me of the days when we lived in Pembroke Pines and Orlando. :)

One question for you, noticed that you stayed at the Marriott. Was that the Pinnacle? If so, how long did it take to get to the pier from the hotel. If you took a cab, do you remember how much it cost?

Yes, it was the Marriott Pinnacle . It was such a nice hotel and you can see from the pics that the view from our window was nice. One whole wall of the room was all windows! The hotel was in a good location and the trolley tour stopped right at the hotel and since we were only in Vancouver for one day, we decided that was the best way to get around. You can also see that a few of the stops were near microbreweries.:D DH makes his own beer and loves to try different ones wherever we go.

We did take a cab from the hotel to Ballantyne Pier (Canada Place is much closer - 5 minutes) and I think we paid around $20 w/tip. DH paid, so I'm not sure about that.

Yes, it was the Marriott Pinnacle . It was such a nice hotel and you can see from the pics that the view from our window was nice. One whole wall of the room was all windows! The hotel was in a good location and the trolley tour stopped right at the hotel and since we were only in Vancouver for one day, we decided that was the best way to get around. You can also see that a few of the stops were near microbreweries.:D DH makes his own beer and loves to try different ones wherever we go.

We did take a cab from the hotel to Ballantyne Pier (Canada Place is much closer - 5 minutes) and I think we paid around $20 w/tip. DH paid, so I'm not sure about that.

Thanks for the information on cab fare. When we went to Alaska last year we used Canada Place so it was a very short cab ride for us. Knew Ballantyne would cost more, just didn't know how much.

Glad you enjoyed the hotel. We stayed there last year and had a fabulous room. DH had been staying there for a couple of months while on business. He had a favorite room and requested it when we did our post cruise. It was absolutely wonderful. When we return in '08 we hope to get the same room again. :)

Archived