Anyone trying this Alli system ????

babyher

I wish beer was diet food. My big butt proves it's not. Oh well, some things are sacred and can not be sacrificed. Ok, not true, pretty much traded in beer for Sangria with diet Squirt, but there will be booze of some sort.:o

All programed at Curves, today will be my first day with the chip in the machines. Gonna have to kick a** every time now. Still eating well. Not so much taking the pills, sometimes, just more of a better choices and serving size thing. Wish work was busier, too much down time with nothing to do, and I get the urge to snack. More water, quick!!!!!

Oh yes, the monthly charge at Curves is $39 now.

I wish beer was diet food. My big butt proves it's not. Oh well, some things are sacred and can not be sacrificed. Ok, not true, pretty much traded in beer for Sangria with diet Squirt, but there will be booze of some sort.:o

All programed at Curves, today will be my first day with the chip in the machines. Gonna have to kick a** every time now. Still eating well. Not so much taking the pills, sometimes, just more of a better choices and serving size thing. Wish work was busier, too much down time with nothing to do, and I get the urge to snack. More water, quick!!!!!

Oh yes, the monthly charge at Curves is $39 now.

Did you have to pay for the "Chip" as well or is that included?

I think I will stick to my exercise regimen for now. I just got bored after going around and round in circles for a year :-)

You're lucky you live in a good climate Cheryl. I use the weather (too hot, too cold ,too wet, too much pollen etc) to make excuses for not exercising.

WillieT: Good luck with the "chip". I know you'll kick some major "A**"!!

Going off line for a few days. Will be back once the pain killers are done (can't be held to what I may "say" while under the influence!).

Keep strong everyone! Resist!! Move! Drink water!

Maggie

You're lucky you live in a good climate Cheryl. I use the weather (too hot, too cold ,too wet, too much pollen etc) to make excuses for not exercising.

WillieT: Good luck with the "chip". I know you'll kick some major "A**"!!

Going off line for a few days. Will be back once the pain killers are done (can't be held to what I may "say" while under the influence!).

Keep strong everyone! Resist!! Move! Drink water!

Maggie

Wishing you the very best for a SPEEDY recovery!!!!!!

The computer chip and programming is all included. Yesterday was the first time with the computer "watching" me. Of course it started out at beginner level. After the session, the chip is put into the main computer, and it gives you an analysis. I did kick a**! 100% effort on all but 2 body areas, between the shoulder blades, and inner thigh. I did good enough that today it will kick me up to intermedient.:confused: No skating through any more I guess. Damn technology! Can't wait to see those "buns of steel". Geez, I crack myself up.

The computer chip and programming is all included. Yesterday was the first time with the computer "watching" me. Of course it started out at beginner level. After the session, the chip is put into the main computer, and it gives you an analysis. I did kick a**! 100% effort on all but 2 body areas, between the shoulder blades, and inner thigh. I did good enough that today it will kick me up to intermedient.:confused: No skating through any more I guess. Damn technology! Can't wait to see those "buns of steel". Geez, I crack myself up.

LOL..I have to say, it looks like Curves has moved up in the world. I think its a great idea to know if your "slacking" or getting those "buns of steel"..lol. I might just have to check back into it. I think what happened was, the Curves I went to never got any new equipment the whole year I went. I would think by now that most of them have everything they need to make it worth it. Do you go everyday or a couple of times a week?

almost 3 weeks into this and I'm down almost 12 lbs.. Alli plan indicated I should be eating 1800 calories per day and 19 grams fat per meal.

Based on prior experiences, I KNOW that 1800 calories isn't going to cut it for me to loose weight. So I've been doing between 1200 and 1500 calories and keeping the fat to around 15 grams. I've cheated a couple times but nothing substantial.. I limit myself more because I don't exercise. Not making excuses, I'm just lazy. I will admit to that.. LOL

Do you think the weight loss is coming off too quickly and I'm just dooming myself though? What do you think?

almost 3 weeks into this and I'm down almost 12 lbs.. Alli plan indicated I should be eating 1800 calories per day and 19 grams fat per meal.

Based on prior experiences, I KNOW that 1800 calories isn't going to cut it for me to loose weight. So I've been doing between 1200 and 1500 calories and keeping the fat to around 15 grams. I've cheated a couple times but nothing substantial.. I limit myself more because I don't exercise. Not making excuses, I'm just lazy. I will admit to that.. LOL

Do you think the weight loss is coming off too quickly and I'm just dooming myself though? What do you think?

Not at all! I did about the same when I first starting taking the Alli. Lost 8 pounds the first week and another 6 the next 2 weeks. I di about the same and try to keep as close to 1200 calories as I can.

Your doing great!!!! How much weight are you trying to lose? I want to be at 150 by October..that means 40 more pounds and 2 cruises :-)

Well, the STUPID curves machines kicked my fat butt yesterday. Still just about did the max, but the old hip and knee cried last nite. Fine this morning. I'am going every day, M-F, after work. Would you believe, even with Curves, occasional Alli, and small portions, still no weight lose? THe scale said I had lost 2lbs. a while back, but just for that one day.:( Right now, I'am right where I started. I feel like I'am following all the rules, and getting nothing in return. I want to hide in the closet with a 6 pack of leaded beer and a cheeseburger. I won't of course, but I would like to.:)

Well, the STUPID curves machines kicked my fat butt yesterday. Still just about did the max, but the old hip and knee cried last nite. Fine this morning. I'am going every day, M-F, after work. Would you believe, even with Curves, occasional Alli, and small portions, still no weight lose? THe scale said I had lost 2lbs. a while back, but just for that one day.:( Right now, I'am right where I started. I feel like I'am following all the rules, and getting nothing in return. I want to hide in the closet with a 6 pack of leaded beer and a cheeseburger. I won't of course, but I would like to.:)

They say muscle weighs more than fat, but I can understand your frustration..you want to see those pounds go down on the scale!!! Are you noticing any change in your clothes?? Are you eating enough food (at least 1200-1500 calories) and drinking alot of water?? Don't give up..it will come off..it will come off! :-)

How much weight are you trying to lose?

Hi DolphinFan.. Right now I'm just trying to get below 200. My starting weight was 250 (270 if you count a pregnancy! :eek: )

I got down to 215 on my own, but then got stuck for about a year.. I started Alli 3 weeks ago and now I'm hovering around 202-203

My goal right now is to get below 200. I haven't been below 200 since my early twenties. Honestly I think I will cry when I step on the scale and see 199 (happy tears). I will be thrilled if I am around 180-190 by my cruise 2 months from now.

I'm 5'9" so a healthy weight for me is around 150-160. But that is too much of a stretch for me right now, so baby steps for now.. LOL

Hi DolphinFan.. Right now I'm just trying to get below 200. My starting weight was 250 (270 if you count a pregnancy! :eek: )

I got down to 215 on my own, but then got stuck for about a year.. I started Alli 3 weeks ago and now I'm hovering around 202-203

My goal right now is to get below 200. I haven't been below 200 since my early twenties. Honestly I think I will cry when I step on the scale and see 199 (happy tears). I will be thrilled if I am around 180-190 by my cruise 2 months from now.

I'm 5'9" so a healthy weight for me is around 150-160. But that is too much of a stretch for me right now, so baby steps for now.. LOL

Baby steps is right..my goal is to lose 2 pounds a week. So far I have been able to do that without much exercise (bad me). I know that soon I will have to kick it into gear and get my fat butt off the couch everynight! lol

I get discoureged (sp) reading about regaining the weight. I'am a yo yo dieter, for my whole life!!!!! I've always said, if I found a magic genie in a bottle, I would not wish for money or power, just to be able to never worry about what I eat again. 20 years ago I worked in a mill, and I worked hard. Never had to watch my diet. Ah well, too damn old to work that hard now. Todays a new day! Up off of that couch!

Alwayshappytocruise, that is a great feeling, isn't it?!! Stick with it Willie - and everyone - it does eventually come off, even if little by little. I do know how hard it is to stay on track.

I was at the pharmacy and they had an Alli display with one of those yellow rubber globs representing a pound of fat. One pound seemed huge. Now, every time I am tempted to end this diet, I picture 25 of those blobs lined up, representing the fat that is OUT of my body. I want to see 20 more of those blobs gone, so I can feel FREE.

People are noticing the difference. :)

Good Morning all! I'm back up and around (although slowly) and am still a little "fuzzy" (altho I haven't taken any pain meds since dinner last evening). Found out that I would do very well with a personal chef! My folks came to help out (so hubby did not have to take time off work) and mom cooked and served me for 3 days. I could definately get used to that! Plus, not being able to get around too well, I could not "snack" and found I really did not feel hungry. Could not get on the scale this am (still hard to put full weight on the knee) si will have to wait a few days to see if I gained (hope not!). Planning on starting the pills again once I can move faster.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Sounds like you all are doing amazing!!!

maggie

I need to attend an immediate family member's party. It will be a party at someone's house, so there isn't going to be a menu where I can choose a healthier option from.

Here's the worst part. Its a "big italian family" type event so you can visualize the menu already. Cheeses, salami, pasta dishes, breads, cakes, wine... OMG!!

What am I going to do?? HELP!!

Hello everybody. I am up and off pain killers (at least during the day-had to take one last night before bed tho) and trying to get back in the swing of things. Went to WW and weighed in this am and I'm down 2.2 so 19.8 total (couldn't make that 20 could I!!!!!!) Going to PT this afternoon and going to ask about how much I can actually do. Wanting to start the pills again but since I am not moving too well a bit afraid(of not "making it"). I think I will wait til after next weekend (we are going to NJ for a family event/Mother's Day) when I will be more sure about my moving. I have been trying to eat to the program and seem to be doing ok (but probably not as good as I could!)

Hope you all are having a great week! Go drink some water

Maggie

Archived