Express Departure?

NicoLee

In April I will be going on the Crown Princess for the first time. In the past I have only travelled with RCI. RCI has an express departure where if you carry your luggage off the ship then you can get off the boat early. Does princess have anything like this?

Hi,

Yes, Princess has early disembarkation. You keep your luggage overnight and carry it off yourself early the next morning. You will be one of the first off the ship. It is a numbered system and you must sign up for it. Details from the purser's desk. Have used it in Galveston several times.

Actually, no one can disembark the ship until it's cleared by the port authorities. With "early disembarkation" you'll be among the first off but you won't be allowed off until the ship is cleared, whenever that is.

Used it on Caribbean Princess and it was great as long as you understand you will receive no assistance with your luggage. Be sure to signup for a number. People were leaving the ship in blocks of 50.

A word of caution - express disembarkation is not always available. My husband and I took a coastal cruise this May from Los Angeles to Vancouver and there was no express disembarkation. When I asked why at Passenger Services, I was told that Vancouver did not "allow" it. Of note, we've always had express disembarkation in LA on coastal cruises, Mexican cruises and Hawaiian cruises - all on different ships.

Archived